Ryanair charged me for a transaction they said failed... now what?

Options
13»

Comments

• apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would have another go at the bank. Did you book by a VISA electron or debit card? If so did you explicitly demand a VISA chargeback? If you did not or if you were dealing with a bank employee who does not know how VISA chargeback works get in contact with them again and demand a VISA chargeback.
  • joejoejoe_2
    joejoejoe_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I contacted my credit card company today; they kept me on the line whilst they spoke to Ryanair for me. I eventually got put through to a Ryanair employee who took the details of the case (they haven't recieved my faxes) and advised me to send a letter INCLUDING the reservation for the flights we booked with the other airline as proof.

I should expect a reply with 10 days of recieving my letter.

I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens, I will (hopefully) post back in a couple of weeks with some news.
  • peterbaker
    peterbaker Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2009 at 11:06PM
    Options
    I have just stumbled across this thread because we just got exactly the same error so are in Limbo until a confirmation email arrives (or not).

To the OP I also say go back to your bank (and create merrie hell if they do not agree when you get there!). Your transaction was invlaidated by the VISA merchant by the issuance of an error message. It is common knowledge that it is totally unreasonable to expect a Ryanair customer to try to talk with Ryanair by telephone.

Insist that the bank returns your money.

Let them sort it out with Ryanair (the deliquent VISA merchant).

PS In the time it has taken to write this message the confirmation email has arrived. Thank you OP for brining the problem here so others can learn from it. Good luck with your refreshed demands at the bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure