Up to 20,000 Litres per day, Free!!!!

Hi

Have looked through a lot of this section, no one seems to have mentioned cutting out the water company.
Probably only useful to high water users, but there must be some of you out there who need more than usual.
You can have a borehole drilled, and a well installed. You can pump up to 20,000 litres per day, private or business, no planning permission required, no restriction of use and most importantly not subject to hosepipe restrictions.
Cost of a 30 metre well, from about £1,500. For someone who uses a lot of water it would soon pay for itself.
Hope you find this useful.

Mark

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Getting rid of the sewerage?
  • You would still have to pay sewerage rates, But you wouldn't have to pay for water.
    The savings come as I said if you are a high user. For example, if a cubic metre of water costs £2.30 from a water company, and you use 20 cubic metres a day it would cost you £46 per day from a water company. In a year it would cost £16,790. If you used water from your own well it would cost nothing.
    As I said before it is only useful to high users of water.

Mark
  • I don't think it's quite as simple as all that.

What about the cost of electricity to pump the water up from the borehole, maintenance of the pump, treatment of the water to drinking water standards? These will cost more than nothing.

You could also go to the expense of drilling and find that you did not tap into the acquifer.
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • Modern borehole pumps run on a very low wattage and can even be made to run on a battery. They are low maintenance and have been known to run for many years with no servicing at all. Cost of replacement pump would be from about £350 depending on the flow rate required and depth to water being pumped.
    Most large users do not need water to potable "drinking water" standards, the water is usually used for irrigation or similar non potable requirements. I don't think many users would require 20,000 litres of drinking water per day. But if they did it would certainly be worth buying a filtration system.
    As for not tapping into the aquifer. You can obtain details on existing wells in your area through local knowledge or even the library. If you find there are wells in your area, you could also obtain a detailed report from the British Geological Survey. You give them your grid reference and they would give you a water prognosis, including depth to water level, expected ground conditions and expected water quality. The cost of the report would be £360 inclusive of vat and delivery, details and example reports are on their website.

Mark
  • Just a question....

Have you:-

a) Done this yourself?
    b) Do you sell the survey / drilling service or pumps?

Just interested given you have all the facts and figures to hand!
  • Oh, I do love multiple choice questions, I'll go for (b)

http://borehole-driller.blogspot.com/

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • Ephemera
    Ephemera Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Oh, I do love multiple choice questions, I'll go for (b)

LOL pwned!!

Nice one FFM
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

• moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh, I do love multiple choice questions, I'll go for (b)

Jolly well (pun !) done Sir !:T
  • Sorry haven't been back for a few days otherwise I'd have owned up straight away. Everything is factual, it might actually help someone save some money!!! I thought that was what these forums were all about. I haven't advertised anywhere on the forum, I'll leave that to you lot, thanks!
    If anyone is interested, go on google and type in water well drilling, there are plenty of drilling companies who will help you.
    I could offer advice on soakaways as well, but I'd better not, the forum police might think I'm looking for work.
    Sorry for trying to offer a bit of professional advice to forum users.

Mark
  • Guess I must be Sherlock :beer:

C'mon you have to see the funny side :D , but it might have been better if you had mentioned your interest in the first post.

You are right that this forum is about money saving, however, I was a little concerned that you were making something sound easier than I think it is.

For industrial scale users of non potable water your service could be of use, but for the majority of consumers on this forum they would not see a return on their money and would have the extra responsibility of treating their own drinking water.

I am sure that if anyone has any queries on soakaways then your advice would be very welcome.

Stick around, we really are not that bad and do like a bit of fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure