We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nhs Preassimilation Banding Pay Help!!

Options

Comments

• tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can lay it off using the NHS betting markets on BF. 3% commission too.
    Happy chappy
  • charlie53_2
    Options
    ltrenell wrote: »
    My union is rubbish and does not understand it
    They’re not the only ones.
  • jassi_9
    jassi_9 Posts: 1,358 Forumite
    Options
    Riq wrote: »
    What's the wagering requirement......... :lipsrseal

lol!

im sorry but thats the post of the week, by far!
  • fto
    fto Posts: 588 Forumite
    Options
    This thread is the number one search in google for Preassimilation
    :D
  • fto
    fto Posts: 588 Forumite
    Options
    On a more serious note, I may have found the answer.......

partnerships still interpreting this clause should be aware that the intention of the Agenda for Change negotiators was that transitional points would apply where salary before assimilation was below both the minimum of the new pay band and one of the transitional points. In these circumstances the normal rules for assimilation should apply and assimilation would be made to the next highest point.

That should sort it;)
  • AddictedMoneysaver
    Options
    [Fonejacker voice]Hallo?? I have a question bout the Ners..... The Ners..... How do you spell that? The N... the H... and the S..... The Ners.....[/Fonejacker voice]
  • krazykidskate
    Options
    I'm surprised we're not on the 4th version of a specially designed preassimulation spreadsheet for the OP by now.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
  • HugoRune_2
    HugoRune_2 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Options
    ltrenell wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am struggling to find someone to help me with this issue.

I have been working for the same Trust for just over 3 years and when I started I was offered a grade 3 which became a band 4 prior to me starting. I was offered the post in August 05 but could not start until 3rd Oct due to having to fulfil my notice at another Trust first. After a while I noticed that I had been being paid wrong following a conversation with a colleague who was offered the same job at the same time as me. She was on a regular band 4 and was therefore 2 points higher than me on the wage scale.

When I questioned this with my managers they agreed it did not seem right that one member of staff was put on a different point to me but she began working for the Trust prior to 3/10/05 which is when the dreaded preassimilation banding ruling came into place. My union is rubbish and does not understand it, I have tried to contact the NHS direct but again it is a dead end and I am very annoyed now as a colleague of mine who started only last year is on the same point of the scale as myself but I have had to work and extra 2 years more than her but she is on the same as me!!

I feel like I am going round in circles and trying to pull teeth here. The suggestion has been made that I should put a grievance in against HR for not sorting this prior to my start date and someone else has told me to go to the Chief Exec???

Has anyone else been in this situation and had it resolved as I have worked out I am owed around £2000 after 3 years at least and I really need the cash due to Tax Credits wanting money AGAIN!! which I cannot spare.
    :mad:

well you could use your energies going down the litigious route, or focus yourself on doing a good job leading to promotion and much more money than you feel you have missed out on, thats what I did.
    Alternatively, you could get fed up with that as well and leave the NHS and become a professional gambler, I did that too!

Oh and technically speaking, I seem to remember that two people could start at the same time on the same band, but one could be put on a higher point within that band due to better experience or qualifications.
    Aha, so thats how you do a signature!
  • SimonHH
    SimonHH Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    [Fonejacker voice]Hallo?? I have a question bout the Ners..... The Ners..... How do you spell that? The N... the H... and the S..... The Ners.....[/Fonejacker voice]

Its a great show - allthough you dont really give them the credit they deserve.

Best Regards
    //Detective Horace Von Khute
  • gjudge
    gjudge Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I missed this offer :-(
    Is it Salary Not Returned?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate