Nhs Preassimilation Banding Pay Help!!

Options
Hi,
I am struggling to find someone to help me with this issue.

I have been working for the same Trust for just over 3 years and when I started I was offered a grade 3 which became a band 4 prior to me starting. I was offered the post in August 05 but could not start until 3rd Oct due to having to fulfil my notice at another Trust first. After a while I noticed that I had been being paid wrong following a conversation with a colleague who was offered the same job at the same time as me. She was on a regular band 4 and was therefore 2 points higher than me on the wage scale.

When I questioned this with my managers they agreed it did not seem right that one member of staff was put on a different point to me but she began working for the Trust prior to 3/10/05 which is when the dreaded preassimilation banding ruling came into place. My union is rubbish and does not understand it, I have tried to contact the NHS direct but again it is a dead end and I am very annoyed now as a colleague of mine who started only last year is on the same point of the scale as myself but I have had to work and extra 2 years more than her but she is on the same as me!!

I feel like I am going round in circles and trying to pull teeth here. The suggestion has been made that I should put a grievance in against HR for not sorting this prior to my start date and someone else has told me to go to the Chief Exec???

Has anyone else been in this situation and had it resolved as I have worked out I am owed around £2000 after 3 years at least and I really need the cash due to Tax Credits wanting money AGAIN!! which I cannot spare.
:mad:

Comments

• fto
    fto Posts: 588 Forumite
    Options
    comes as no suprise your struggling for help...........
  • stealthattack
    Options
    ltrenell wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am struggling to find someone to help me with this issue.

I have been working for the same Trust for just over 3 years and when I started I was offered a grade 3 which became a band 4 prior to me starting. I was offered the post in August 05 but could not start until 3rd Oct due to having to fulfil my notice at another Trust first. After a while I noticed that I had been being paid wrong following a conversation with a colleague who was offered the same job at the same time as me. She was on a regular band 4 and was therefore 2 points higher than me on the wage scale.

When I questioned this with my managers they agreed it did not seem right that one member of staff was put on a different point to me but she began working for the Trust prior to 3/10/05 which is when the dreaded preassimilation banding ruling came into place. My union is rubbish and does not understand it, I have tried to contact the NHS direct but again it is a dead end and I am very annoyed now as a colleague of mine who started only last year is on the same point of the scale as myself but I have had to work and extra 2 years more than her but she is on the same as me!!

I feel like I am going round in circles and trying to pull teeth here. The suggestion has been made that I should put a grievance in against HR for not sorting this prior to my start date and someone else has told me to go to the Chief Exec???

Has anyone else been in this situation and had it resolved as I have worked out I am owed around £2000 after 3 years at least and I really need the cash due to Tax Credits wanting money AGAIN!! which I cannot spare.
    :mad:
    WHAT!! should not have tried to read that...give myself a headache..
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • fto
    Options
    preassimilation ????

Is that something to do with your bottom....
  • vetfred
    vetfred Posts: 5,099 Forumite
    Options
    ltrenell, you've posted in the wrong area of the forums so you'll find this thread moved to somewhere more appropriate. However, on behalf of all the layers of the world, good luck with your problem.
    After posting about receiving an email to my MSE username/email from 'Money Expert' (note the use of ' '), I am now unable to post on MSE. Such is life.
  • gazzak_2
    gazzak_2 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fto wrote: »
    comes as no suprise your struggling for help...........

Post of the week.
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Options
    What's the wagering requirement......... :lipsrseal
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • Tim_L
    Tim_L Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ANyone got any ideas where this should be moved to?
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Options
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • fto
    Options
    Tim_L wrote: »
    ANyone got any ideas where this should be moved to?

Step 3 Ask all your match betting questions here :rotfl:
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    sounds like she works for boylesport and theyve just gubbed her ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure