Is today the day stoozing died?

Options

Comments

• geet
    geet Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    NOO!!!

Can they do this?! I read somewhere that banks need our money and so will increase savings interest....

But really, what is the way out? Should I put it in some FD instead of ISA? But that will incur tax? And is there any good FD rate?

Looks like stoozing is out for the likes of me:-0
  • Paul_Herring
    Options
    geet wrote: »
    NOO!!!

Can they do this?! I read somewhere that banks need our money
    they do. To lend out again. Mrrs. Brown and Darling want us to borrow to spend. Much like HMG is.
    and so will increase savings interest....
    Ah, now... That wasn't included in the deal.

If you're in debt, you're required to borrow more to spend.

If not, you're required to spend your savings.

Oh - you actually wanted to *keep* your savings...? Erm, tough.
    But really, what is the way out? Should I put it in some FD instead of ISA? But that will incur tax? And is there any good FD rate?

Looks like stoozing is out for the likes of me:-0
    It's out for most people. My cash ISA money will soon be joining my equity ISA. Savings (ISA or not) are dire at the moment.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • geet
    Options
    Thanks PH!
    This is a ridiculous situation. Don't know what to do with £3K!!!
    Have been reading posts on offset mortgage and slow stoozing, but don't really understand that either:-(((
  • ronald208
    Options
    I have a Virgin 0% balance transfer card and it says on the back

0% until your October statement date

which I think will be 8th October as my previous statements have that date every month.

This makes the payment due date on the 28th of the month. So when should I pay of the balance? (which I have in a savings account)
    By 28th September payment date or just before the 28th October date?
    I have been paying the minimum payment of £25 about the 24th of each month just to make sure I am never late.
    Ron
  • LongTermLurker
    Options
    ronald208 wrote: »
    I have a Virgin 0% balance transfer card and it says on the back

0% until your October statement date

which I think will be 8th October as my previous statements have that date every month.

This makes the payment due date on the 28th of the month. So when should I pay of the balance? (which I have in a savings account)
    By 28th September payment date or just before the 28th October date?
    I have been paying the minimum payment of £25 about the 24th of each month just to make sure I am never late.
    Ron
    September. You're at 0% until the October statement date, which means that from 9 Oct - 28 Oct you would pay interest, which may also mean you being charged interest in November as well.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • geet
    Options
    Hello all, me again, small time stoozer seeking advice. Time has come for me to decide what to do with 3K of this years stooze pot! To ISA without tax or Savings with tax? Also, is it possible to transfer previous ISAs deposited in 2007 and 2008 to another bank? I am with Egg ISA and they keep reducing their savings interest rates so much that it will become 0% soon I think!
    Thanks.
  • geet
    Options
    Can someone please clarify this for me - Egg Money pays 4% on positive balance - and isa only 2%. Savings interest are no better. So why can't I leave my 3K stooze pot in Egg Money itself and be as disciplined as to not touch it?
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Geet, I have just phoned and had it confirmed that 4% is still being applied to positive balances (how long for may be questionable) and agree with you that it is a very good rate in present conditions. I intend to maximise my balance until notified of any reduction but will also be looking hard at any new isa accounts next month. I was also advised that the 4% rate is shown on line once signed into your account but I can't find it anywhere, that's why I phoned.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sicker wrote: »
    I was also advised that the 4% rate is shown on line once signed into your account but I can't find it anywhere, that's why I phoned.
    When I click 'view' (Egg Money) link from the landing page I get the "your recent transactions" page and the 4% rate is shown there.

Also, if I then click the 'more details about your Egg Money account' link the "your Egg Money" page presented also shows the 4% rate.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ta YB, as usual looked everwhere but the obvious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure