Can i get insured on a 1.4i

Options
2»

Comments

• seanparkin
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'm getting the impression you're just trying to get the cheapest insurance you possibly can, and you're willing to lie through your teeth to get it.

I apologise if this impression that you have given me is wrong, but the advice I will give you is Don't. Insurers will use absolutely every tiny little detail to invalidate your insurance in case of a claim, so if you lie at all you WILL be found out. Whether you've put a rural address on as garaged at, or whether your tyres are 1mm under the limit, your claim will be invalidated and you will be lumped for a massive bill for potentially tens of thousands in worst cases (eg if you have a multiple car accident that closes a motorway) - you will be billed and you will be taken to court for it. Bear in mind it is a horrendous statistic, I cant remember exactly but something like 75% of drivers will have an accident within their first two years - the odds ARE against you.

Do yourself a favour, stick to nothing but the truth or you may as well drive without insurance at all.
    DONE: Great North Run 09! Raised £452 for the National Autistic Society
    SOON: Cycling John O'Groats to Lands End! For the National Autistic Society
    Please sponsor Me! http://www.justgiving.com/sean-parkin

Debtwatch - Flexiloan (£1844 - £0 by July 11) - Personal Loan (Closed Jan10!) - Egg CC (Closed June 09!) - Tesco CC (Closed May 10!)
  • seanparkin
    Options
    Oh, and I noticed you started a thread previously stating you had a pakistani license and needed insurance on this.

You (or your friend) will need an english license. The last case (actually in court) I personally saw that has any relevance to this, was a turkish lad who was cought driving on his turkish license. He was told his license was only valid for 12 months (I think) from arriving in England (he had been here over three years) and because of this he was banned from driving on his current license, had his provisional license that he was just about to apply for endorsed with 5 points, and fined £200. I thought this was very very lenient - the magistrate had obviously had a good day.
    DONE: Great North Run 09! Raised £452 for the National Autistic Society
    SOON: Cycling John O'Groats to Lands End! For the National Autistic Society
    Please sponsor Me! http://www.justgiving.com/sean-parkin

Debtwatch - Flexiloan (£1844 - £0 by July 11) - Personal Loan (Closed Jan10!) - Egg CC (Closed June 09!) - Tesco CC (Closed May 10!)
  • talksoccer
    Options
    I am a UK driver now, that was before but i have passed since then. I have a friend who dont have the time at the moment and is looking to get insured on a Pakistani licence. I know you can drive in the country for 6-12 months using the licence but the insurance seems impossible to get. If you can find any companies which allow this that be great.

I am looking to get the cheapest quote possible of course for the 1.4i but there a lot of companies which just aint accepting me at the moment. I have found one which has given me a decent quote but the only problem they didnt have the option of 1.4i and had 1.4. So i am going to try ringing them.
    Charles J
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport