Cafe Rouge 2 for 1 voucher

Options

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad I could be of help, I hate being taken for a ride!

Enjoy your lunches folks but remember to check in advance to avoid unpleasant surprises on the day - and if anything like that happens: complain to head office!

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    glad that you got it resolved caterina x
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • hipomad
    hipomad Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it is 2 4 1 for up to six people. you always read the smallprint. if 6 people go together you will only be allowed to use 1 voucher for 1 main meal.
    if you go as 3 x 2 you can use 3 vouchers. but then you may not be able to sit together unless you were cunning and 2 people went in sat down,then another 2 and another 2 then realised that you all knew each other after you had all asked about using your vouchers then perhaps by moving to all seat together you should be o.k.
    stupid and petty i know but that is what you have to do to beat them at their own game and make it work for you not them.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hipomad, the convoluted way is not actually necessary as Head Office clarified that the voucher is valid for up to 6 people e.g. 3 paid main meals and 3 free ones in a party of up to 6 people.

Suppose just two people go there and order 4 main courses (instead of starters etc) by the terms of the voucher they should be able to pay for 2 only. It would be interesting to try!

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • jules1964
    jules1964 Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder, would be interested in others views. When it says only one per party, I wonder if you ask for two bills say if there are four of you, and say you are two parties! I don't just mean for Cafe Rouge, I mean in general, I think it would be hard for them to argue that point? What do others think.
    Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.........!!!:rotfl::T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think that any MSEers in the area should make a point of testing these vouchers in the coming week or so!

Go in parties of 4 or 6 to the Blackheath Cafe Rouge (before 5pm!) and/or the Greenwich one, and - in case you need it as ammo(!) at the end of the meal - take along a printed copy of this forum thread as well as multiples of the voucher in case they insist on more than one.

But don't say anything up front, just politely offer one voucher to cover your free meals, and see if they are playing ball now. I would love to see how everyone gets on, clearly it's an ambiguously-worded voucher but categorically, 2 for 1 is the same as BOGOF, simple as that (especially with the 'maximum of 6 people per party' caveat).

Should be fun, wish I was near there! Bet it's not the last of this story though. :rotfl:

OP, did the HO say they had spoken to the 2 franchises in question to make sure it doesn't happen again?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    jules1964 wrote: »
    I wonder, would be interested in others views. When it says only one per party, I wonder if you ask for two bills say if there are four of you, and say you are two parties! I don't just mean for Cafe Rouge, I mean in general, I think it would be hard for them to argue that point? What do others think.

But if there are 4 of them they can get 2 meals free anyway...it's the Greenwich Cafe Rouge which has misinterpreted the terms & conditions as clarified to the OP by the CR Head Office.

But in general, yes, in general one could do as you suggest but maybe arrive/book separately as 2 couples then spot each other - 'what a coincidence, let's sit together' etc!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tweetinat
    Tweetinat Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lima-India wrote: »
    I'm sorry for your bad experience, but I understand it the same way as Cafe Rouge. It's the same with the current Ask, HaHa and Pizza Express 2for1 vouchers. The only one current one I'm aware of that's good for when more than 2 people are dining is the Zizzi 2for1, where it states that as many vouchers as you want can be used for the party - the only downside being it's Sun to Thurs only.
    I've been stung in similar situations before - so I always check at the time of ordering what offers I'm intending to use (even if I've phoned up and checked at time of booking).

Sorry to disagree here, but I went to Ask last week and we used one voucher for a party of 6 and we got 3 main meals free.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But if there are 4 of them they can get 2 meals free anyway...it's the Greenwich Cafe Rouge which has misinterpreted the terms & conditions as clarified to the OP by the CR Head Office.

But in general, yes, in general one could do as you suggest but maybe arrive/book separately as 2 couples then spot each other - 'what a coincidence, let's sit together' etc!
    -but then you might all get your meals at different times as you will be seperate parties, generally speaking if you in a group you should all be served at the same time.
  • MSE_Deborah
    Options
    We have been in contact with Cafe Rouge's head office and they have confirmed that one voucher is valid for a group of up to six people. That means if six of you are dining three can eat free with one voucher.

Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business