Cafe Rouge 2 for 1 voucher

Options

Comments

• cybervic
    cybervic Posts: 597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I once had a similar experience in YO SUSHI. When I made a call to their head office, they agreed with local branch manager's decision. So I made a complained to Fair Trading Office. To cut the story short, the head office manager apologised for making mistakes on their marketing material, I was then offered some gift vouchers to compensate the bad experience.

I'd suggest you to do the same since Cafe Rouge is a nationwide chain store and they should know better when it comes to putting an promotion like this. It's a total disgrace that they've got away with wrong advertising.
  • Old_Gold
    Old_Gold Posts: 908 Forumite
    Options
    Also a good idea might be to contact one of the consumer programmes or newspapers. If you pardon the pun I think a programme like watchdog could make a meal of this.
    BTW 2 for one means that not 3 or 4. If you go into a supermarket that are offering 2 for the price of one and you buy 6 they dont charge you for 5.
  • Old_Gold
    Options
    This is really interesting as I have just looked up on the MSE site and it could be construed as contradictory. At the top it states 2 for 1 but if you read the terms and conditions it could be interpreted in various ways.
    "Terms and conditions:
    This voucher entitles the bearer to two main courses for the price of one - the cheapest main meal will be free when purchasing one full-price main meal. One voucher per party (up to six people), per visit. Offer available Sunday - Thursday until 23rd November 2008. Not valid with any other offer, discount, set meal or promotion. This offer is valid at Caf! Rouge nationwide excluding all Center Parcs locations "
    Strictly speaking you could say that it only entitles one person two meals. It is very unclear and should not be. I would be interested in Martin's comments as it is his site. The main point though is not how the writer interprets the rules it is how would the common person do so. Over to you Martin. I look forward to this being discussed on your programme.
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well Im sorry to not go with my fellow MSE's BUT to me that would clearly state that if I go with 5 other friends, I expect to go only get one meal for free.

The fact that the voucher does not state it is to be used before 5pm and they said so at Blackheath, is a disgrace and cause for complain.

Same for not being charged for a side dish when the voucher clearly states MAIN MEAL for free, at least, (did you tell them this?). The second reason to complain.
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    gatherer wrote: »
    could please tell me how to get the voucher there is nothing about it on cafe rouge website used our last two breakfast tickets on friday could someone please oblige thank you

Here is the place where the MSE info is but the link to the voucher is temperamental:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals#deal1

I have rang and left a message to the customer service dept and now waiting to hear from them.

I would have absolutely no problem in having only 1 meal deducted IF this was stated clearly. My gripe is that the wording is so ambiguous that it is deceiptful. Watch this space...

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Old_Gold
    Options
    Does the wording of the terms and conditions also mean that if there are more than 6 of you it invalidates the free meal.
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would certainly interpret the voucher the same way as the OP - what is the point of saying "no more than 6 people" if you only get one meal, regardless of the number of diners.

Hope you get this sorted OP and please keep us posted. :)
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ladies and laddies:

RESULT!

I have just spoken with a member of the Cafe Rouge customer service team who totally agreed with me on all accounts:

1 - Blackheath branch should not have told me that it is only after 5pm

2 - Up to 3 main meals per party of 6 is deducted from the bill with this promotion (did not ask if I could use more vouchers, but I am sure you can call them on 020 7121 3200 and ask for Cafe Rouge Customer Service if you need further clarifications).

3 - The customer service rep was really pleasant and apologetic about the inconvenience and embarrassment he caused me. He asked me for details of the bill and my name and address and said that he will send me something to compensate for all this.

I am a happy bunny!

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Old_Gold
    Options
    I love a happy ending. Seriously I am glad it worked out well and thanks for sharing your experience. I am sure this has happened to others who have not taken it further so this is good for us all.
    I will now print off my voucher.:T
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that, printed mine off and will go for Sunday lunch this week.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport