scrolling

in Techie Stuff
23 replies 1K views
chatty123chatty123 Forumite
794 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Can anybody help me in sorting out the way my laptop is scrolling pages. if i use the up/down it flashes and moves down slowly, even if i use the page arrows to the right. I have gone into control panel and played around with the settings for the mouse but nothing changes. I have re installed windows from scratch so have had to install everything again.

Also when i click on a web page to save it into favourites it tell me i cannot because the ""CLASS IS NOT REGISTERED"

thank you guys

Replies

• aliEnRIKaliEnRIK Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    possibly something went wrong with your reinstall (thats to do with the FAVOURITES part) ~ have you installed Internet Explorer7? if so try FIREFOX instead
    As for the slow scrolling, thats probably a wrong driver for the graphics. Is it onboard or a graphics card?
    What happens when you goto DEVICE MANAGER? Are there any yellow exclamation marks?
    :idea:
  • chatty123chatty123 Forumite
    794 Posts
    Forumite
    What happens when you goto DEVICE MANAGER? Are there any yellow exclamation marks

er !! could you point me in the right direction to that

And yes i have installed IE 7
    17.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Press the 'WINDOWS' key and 'pause/break' keys together

Which system do you have? XP or Vista?
    794 Posts
    Forumite
    Thank you for the reply. I am on windows XP home edition
  • When I had a problem like this it was due to my Graphics card being broken/drivers not installed
    17.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Have you had a look at the device manager?
    794 Posts
    Forumite
    I have installed firefox earlier and am now using this as the default browser. I can save pages in bookmark no probs now so presume favourites was a prob in IE7. just need to rty to sort out the scrolling SOOOOOOOOOOO
    how do i get into device manager. i know its thru c/program files etc. but thats as far as i know
  • vyseyboyvyseyboy Forumite
    624 Posts
    You need to find out what graphics chip your laptop is using. This will be in the manual or specifications of the laptop. Alternatively, post the lappy make and model and we can find out.

Then you visit the website of the manufacturer of the graphics chip, go to the support section, find your graphics chip model, and download and install the latest drivers.

Still worth visiting the device manager... there may be other things that show up with yellow exclaimation marks. You'll have to find and install drivers for these things too.
    Russia is HERE
    17.7K Posts
    Forumite
    chatty123 wrote: »
    I have installed firefox earlier and am now using this as the default browser. I can save pages in bookmark no probs now so presume favourites was a prob in IE7. just need to rty to sort out the scrolling SOOOOOOOOOOO
    how do i get into device manager. i know its thru c/program files etc. but thats as far as i know

I posted that already ~
    WINDOWS key and PAUSE/BREAK keys TOGETHER
    Or goto MYCOMPUTER, right click, select 'properties'
    794 Posts
    Forumite
    aliEnRIK wrote: »
    I posted that already ~
    WINDOWS key and PAUSE/BREAK keys TOGETHER
    Or goto MYCOMPUTER, right click, select 'properties'