why !!!

Options
why when people ask for help on here do they not finish the thread off by posting the conclusions to the problem. we take the time to answers questions and hopefully help people out. if they said yes the problem was fixed by doing x or y then we would know we are handing out good advice and not wasting peoples time.

Comments

• johng_uk
    johng_uk Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    Fair call mate.
    John :beer:

Life's too short.........
  • Millionaire
    Millionaire Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Because they can't be ar*ed to.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maybe they forget but yes i agree if they posted a conclusion then if other people were to have the same problem then it would be helpful
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No one is perfect I suppose, but we are far from a "perfect world". ;)
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats life
    :idea:
  • NickMidgley
    NickMidgley Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't people give a brief description of the nature of the problem/issue in the thread's title, rather than just something like "Please Help!"

...or indeed "Why!!!" :p
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I work as IT Manager for a company and everyday I get "technophobes" saying things like "It is broke!"....What is the problem "It doesnt work"...What doesnt work? "My computer".... What is it not doing? "Will not print my email"...Does the printer have paper in it? "Oh, no it is out of paper"...that is why it doesn't print...why are you printing an email? "Umm, because I need to"...Why? "umm, Because" STOP IT! YOUR KILLING ME! :mad:
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • II_D2_II
    II_D2_II Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    at the end of the day the problem gets solved, if it doesnt work they will get back as you have seen many times,, so it doesnt really matter if they tell you whether they did it or not cause you can more or less guess whether they have.
  • Millionaire
    Millionaire Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    II_D2_II wrote: »
    at the end of the day the problem gets solved, if it doesnt work they will get back as you have seen many times,, so it doesnt really matter if they tell you whether they did it or not cause you can more or less guess whether they have.

A little appreciation for the help given would be nice though..like "Thank you it worked/helped" is all that is required to feel loved:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A little appreciation for the help given would be nice though..like "Thank you it worked/helped" is all that is required to feel loved:D

That's not how it works.

How It Works:

You know something about something IT related. Something that will help them fix the problem they have. Something they might even have caused themselves through their lack of knowledge or skills. They follow your instructions and it's fixed.

THAT MAKES IT YOUR FAULT IT WAS BROKEN!!

So why would they thank you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport