🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Buy one get one FREE offer from Eurostar Holidays

Options
Eurostar are doing their annual bogof offers on holidays booked between now & the middle of February for travel between 3 Jan and end of Feb.

If you are going to book, I'd get your skates on as the trains look to be filling up fast.

Have a look on their website for www.2for1breaks.co.uk or ring 0870 1 67 67 67 or 0870 238 7711.

Enjoy

Diva

~~~~~~~~~~~

PS, I couldn;t decide where it goes, so I'm putting this on both the grabbit & travel boards...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PARIS FROM £125
2nd person travels FREE!

Nord Est - 2-star
A small, pleasant hotel, conveniently close to Gare du Nord. Close to some good shopping on Boulevard Haussmann. A tourist class hotel, the Nord Est provides comfortable accommodation.
1st person £125 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: 2-3 & 21-23 February 2006

Montcalm – 3-star superior
The Montcalm is an attractive and traditional hotel situated in a residential area on a direct metro line to Concorde and the Opera and within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower.
1st person £150 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: 5-9, 17-20 & 27-31 January and 2-5 February 2006

Aladin – 2-star
Located on the Left Bank, this family run hotel is approximately 10 minutes’ walk from the Botanical Gardens and the rue Mouffetard. As well as providing an excellent base, the Aladin is excellent value for money.
1st person £159 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: none

Libertel Stasbourg Mulhouse – 2-star superior
Located opposite Gare de l’Est, ideally situated for those travelling by Eurostar. This hotel offers very good quality for its category.
1st person £160 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: 2-5 & 21-25 February 2006

Keppler – 2-star superior
A lovely hotel located close to the Arc de Triomphe and Camps Elysees. A very popular choice.
1st person £162 & 2nd person travels FREE
Valid only 2-31 January 2006

Libertel Croix de Malte – 2 star superior
Located in a quiet side street near the busy Place de la Republique with its many shops, restaurants and bars. The nearest Metro to the hotel is Oberkampf, which is on a direct line to Gare du Nord. The hotel has recently been refurbished.
1st person £169 & 2nd person travels FREE

Cheverny – 3-star
A great value-for-money hotel located on a direct Metro line to the Opera, and within easy reach of the Arc de Triomphe.
1st person £173 & 2nd person travels FREE

Etoile Park – 3-star superior
The stylish Etoile Park is in an excellent location, close to the Champs Elysees and only 150 yards from the Arc de Triomphe.
1st person £175 & 2nd person travels FREE

Novotel Pont de Sevres – 3-star superior
A popular, good quality hotel with spacious rooms, bar and restaurant. In the south of city a short walk to metro then only 10-15 minutes to Eiffel Tower or Champs Elysees.
1st person £188 & 2nd person travels FREE

Paris Bastille – 3-star superior
Situated opposite the new Opera, just ff the Place de la Bastille, this attractyive hotel is close to a wealth of restaurants and bars. This charming, high standard hotel also has a colourful, modern bar and lobby.
1st person £194 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: 2-6 & 21-24 February 2006

Belle Epoque – 3-star
Situated in an increasingly fashionable district of Paris, this hotel provides comfortable accommodation. The Place de la Bastille, the trendy Marais area and the new Opera house are a short walk away.
1st person £194 & 2nd person travels FREE

Novotel Rueil Malmaison – 3-star
A good quality hotel with spacious rooms, bar and restaurant. In the north of city a short walk to metro then only 10 minutes to Champs Elysees.
1st person £209 & 2nd person travels FREE

Dauphin – 3-star
Located near to La Defense and the Grand Arch, the Dauphin is 10 minutes walk from the Metro, on a direct line to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysee and Louvre. A well managed family run hotel.
1st person £209 & 2nd person travels FREE
Valid weekends only - Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights

Amarante Champs Elysees – 4-star superior
In an elegant 18th century building, this stylish hotel is located just off the Champs Elysees. A good quality hotel in a popular area.
1st person £267 & 2nd person travels FREE

Meridien Etoile – 4-star
A splendid hotel with high standards, Le Meridien Etoile has been entirely renovated and stands just 10 minutes’ walk from the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees. The hotel features the lively Jazz Club where live band perform most nights and a restaurant offering fine French cuisine from chef Michel Rostang.
1st person £277 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: 11-13 & 18-20 January and 21-24 February 2006

BRUSSELS FROM £155
2nd person travels FREE!

Ibis Gare du Midi - 2-star superior
Ideally located for Eurostar travellers, just steps away from the Gare du Midi. The Grand Place is 15 minutes’ walk away and all areas are accessible by the nearby Metro. The Ibis Gare du Midi is good value for money and exceptional quality for its category.
1st person £156 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: Valid all week in January. Valid weekends only in February 2006 - Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Leopold – 3-star superior
The Leopold sits in a smart district near the European Parliament and is well located for sightseeing and the Sablon quarter. With comfortable rooms and gourmet restaurant, this is a popular hotel offer a good standard of service.
1st person £156 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: Valid weekends only - Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Vendome – 3-star
Situated 10 minutes’ walk from the Grand Place, opposite Brussels’ main shopping area. Guests can enjoy over 60 different Belgian beers in the bar, plus an informal Brasserie-style restaurant.
1st person £155 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: no exclusions

Renaissance – 5-star
This quality hotel is located close to the Royal Palace, and within walking distance of the Grand Place. The magnificent lobby leads to a bar and stylish restaurant. The large health club, with pool and gym, is free for guests.
1st person £173 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: 13-14 January 2006. Valid weekends only - Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Marriott – 5-star
A superb hotel in a fantastic location on the Place de la Bourse, just minutes from the Grand Place, Brussels Marriott offers the highest standard of luxury and comfort. There is a small health club, restaurant and bar.
1st person £175 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: Exclusion dates: 13-14 January 2006. Valid weekends only - Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

BRUGES FROM £159
2nd person travels FREE!

Ibis Bruges Centrum – 2-star superior
Positioned close to the Beguinage Convent and Bruges’ Lake of Love, the Ibis offers a comfortable standard of accommodation in modern surroundings. The restaurant and lobby are inviting areas in which to relax after a hard day’s sightseeing.
1st person £159 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: Valid all week in January. Valid midweek only in February 2006 - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

Aragon 3-star superior
The Aragon enjoys a superb location, on a quiet street only 2 minutes’ walk from Markt Square. An elegant hotel that is a popular choice with our customers.
1st person £197 & 2nd person travels FREE

Oud Huis Peelleart – 4-star
This restored 19th century building is ideally located only 150 metres from the Burg and Markt Square.
1st person £252 & 2nd person travels FREE

ANTWERP FROM £152
2nd person travels FREE!

Ibis Antwerp - 2-star superior
A comfortable hotel located a short walk from the Grote markt, the Ibis offers excellent value for money.
1st person £152 & 2nd person travels FREE
Exclusion dates: 10-11 February 2006

LILLE FROM £136
2nd person travels FREE!

Art Deco Romarin - 3-star
This high quality hotel is conveniently located for the Euralille shopping complex Eurostar terminal, a 5-minute tram ride from the city centre. With 1930s –influenced décor throughout, the Art Deco Romarin is highly recommended.
1st person £177 & 2nd person travels FREE

Alize Comfort Opera – 2-star superior
Adjacent to Lille’s Opera House, a short stroll from the Grand Place, the Old Town and Lille’s shopping streets. Fantastic value for money in the heart of the city.
1st person £136 & 2nd person travels FREE

Des Tours – 3-star
This hotel enjoys a great location just off the Place du Theatre in the heart of Lille’s historic centre. Museums, shops, bars and restaurants are within easy reach of the modern, comfortable hotel.
1st person £160 & 2nd person travels FREE

Carlton – 4-star
A prestigious hotel adjacent to the Grand Place, the Carlton offers a winning combination of elegance, quality and location.
1st person £229 & 2nd person travels FREE
"This is a forum - not a support group. We do not "owe" anyone unconditional acceptance of their opinions."

Comments

• cougar_3
    cougar_3 Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    The sunday times are doing a more competitive offer, at £65 a person for a 3 star during the week in Paris, and £70 at the weekend. That's for two nights.

See https://www.timesonline.co.uk/eurostar
  • grumpyoldgit_2
    Options
    Great deal of info - thanks - but bear in mind some people are on dial-up - did you really need to copy everything?
    K eep
    I t
    S imple
    S tupid!!
  • cougar_3
    cougar_3 Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Text is hardly going to take a long time to load! It's images that take a long time, not text - look at the size of your word documents compared to a simgle image.

I've just noticed something else - the cheapest price in the OP's offer is near the Gare du Nord, and it is not a very nice area - like London, you need to pick carefully, not all of Paris is the city of love!
  • balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Offer looks really good but I've done Paris several times ... which of the other places in the offer would people recommend? Brussels is the other capital city so I thought that would be the obvious choice .... unless someone can tell me any different.
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that, I have just ordered a brochure.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • LondonDiva
    LondonDiva Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great deal of info - thanks - but bear in mind some people are on dial-up - did you really need to copy everything?
    Noted, but sometimes, you may want to check if it's worth while looking into or if you're accessing at work, it can be a pain to try & get hold of the information you need quickly & I was trying to cover the bases.
    "This is a forum - not a support group. We do not "owe" anyone unconditional acceptance of their opinions."
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Nice to know you live up to your name!

I appreciated all the information and as cougar pointed out, it's not text that takes a while to download, but images. :)
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • gransblj
    Options
    cougar wrote:
    The sunday times are doing a more competitive offer, at £65 a person for a 3 star during the week in Paris, and £70 at the weekend. That's for two nights.

See https://www.timesonline.co.uk/eurostar

I can only find an offer relating to June 2004 - am I reading this wrongly?
    My dream - stop giving someone else 40 hours a week of my life, and work for myself (currently doing both)

Passionate about: Moneysaving; Memory albums; Chocolate
  • Middle_Sister
    Options
    Yes, same here. Also you have to collect passwords. Don't understand!
  • nickmatthews
    Options
    Dunno 'bout The Times deal but 2 nights in a 5-star hotel, with brekkie, Eurostar travel for only £175.................I'm happy! And hopefully so is the missus - thats her 40th sorted!!

Cheers!
    Where there's a will.............I want to be in it!

Nick
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family