Ruffler to Natwest or RBS - yes or no????

Options
what do you think people, should i transfer my ISA from Ruffler to one of the market leading rates at Natwest/RBS??

if so which is the better bet?

Ruffler has a 30 day notice period so how does that work if i give either Natwest/RBS the consent to transfer?

any advice appreciated

:confused:

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    carpy wrote: »
    Ruffler has a 30 day notice period so how does that work if i give either Natwest/RBS the consent to transfer?
    When you complete the transfer form, you will find a place for the date on which you want the transfer to take place - I usually put something like 'on completion of the required notice period', rather than a specific date.
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »
    When you complete the transfer form, you will find a place for the date on which you want the transfer to take place - I usually put something like 'on completion of the required notice period', rather than a specific date.

that sounds good, thanks, didn't think of that!!!:j

anyone else doing this transfer or got any opinion on whether it's a good move:confused:
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I put down a date more than 30 days ahead and emailed Ruffler.
    I would go mainly on rate unless you are going over the £50K limit.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    as for which is better, depends on what you are looking for and how much to invest

one is paying monthly intrest (natwest) the other annual (rbs)

rbs interest table (from money supermarket):
    Balance AERGrosspixel.gifpixel.gif
    £1pixel.gif 6.25%pixel.gif
    £3000pixel.gif 6.45%pixel.gif
    £9000pixel.gif 6.65%pixel.gifpixel.gif
    £15000pixel.gif 6.95%pixel.gifpixel.gifshim.gifpixel.gif
    £24000pixel.gif 7.25%pixel.gif

natwest interest table:
    Balance AERGrosspixel.gifpixel.gif
    £1pixel.gif 6.67%pixel.gif
    £9000pixel.gif 6.87%pixel.gifpixel.gifshim.gifpixel.gif
    £18000pixel.gif 7.16%pixel.gif
    £27000pixel.gif 7.32%pixel.gif

both of these a 2.00% bonus for the first 12 months if you transfer any existing Cash ISAs
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • Bernie
    Bernie Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    ...and notified Ruffler of my intentions by email. I too simply stated that the transfer was to take place after the notice period had elapse. Ruffler confirmed by email then wrote when NatWest sent the transfer paperwork to them.

Ruffler really does go in fits and starts don't they? One minute they're market champs with a leading-edge rates then they fade away into the background with mediocre offerings. We moved the wife's out when Lloyds' offerred their 6.5% fixed rate ISA and Ruffler sulked in the background, Ruffler went competative again as my ISA became mobile again and I moved back to Ruffler again. NatWest came up with the 7.32% job, Ruffler sat on it's hands so mine is on the move again.

Our Isa's have both been with Ruffler twice now (and we've got the brolleys to prove it) and twice we've moved out when they've gone backwards with their rates. No doubt we'll be back again when Ruffler wakes up again.

:confused:
    “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.

But when I got to be twenty one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.”

Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport