Landy Bridal

Options

Comments

• svjenni
    svjenni Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    So on my last looking for dresses yesterday i decided on the dress!! I was going to go with the alfred angelo 1516, but mori lees version is so much nicer http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2175&P=1

the lady in the shop was lovely and she certainly knows how to sell dresses well. Had I not been an extremly tight person I would have handed over my credit card there and then - but i have a 24 hour cool off rule on big purchases thank god!!

So its been a real rollercoaster of emotions and decision making - The original dress is £700 (plus £175 for bridesmaids) and i could save the money but i really can't justify the cost. To order both original dresses from the us instead would be £500, but i'm scared of import tax, which is likely to be charged, so now i'm back to Landy - reading through this thread has helped me feel more confident.

I am going to email Landy and Milly for quotes on both dresses as it isn't listed on the site. If it does horribly wrong I have decided to just buy the original and sell all the dresses online to try and recoup some cost.....
    Had a thrifty wedding 17-06-10:love:
    expecting triplets in Jul/ Aug 2012 :eek::eek::eek::grinheart:grinheart:grinheart
  • Missk_3
    Missk_3 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Hi every one...new here...first post and wont be last lol...
    have come accross Landy and this website and have to say im near enough a convert...little more reasearch ad im convinced i will be ordering my dress from Landy...

Only problem is...

1. I have seen 2/3 dresses on Landy that i love for different reasons...can you ask them to encorporate?

2. Being big busted, boning is essential...and good boning at that...what are they like for this? Can you ask them for extra?

3. Iv heard there "white" is slightly "bluey" can any one vouch for this or know different?

Thanks...xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team
  • northernflasher
    Options
    mshelsbels wrote: »
    OMG its here and I've opened it and its amazing!!
    First thoughts were no way 2 dresses can fit into that small package, but lo and behold they did and they just unfolded into 2 beautiful dresses!!
    First thoughts were - the colour of mine (ivory) is perfect and is the dress feels heavy when hung. Its made from silk and is fully lined, slight train just like the original. The beading is exquisite, BUT (and there is a but), where the original Jenny Packham has dark silver beading in parts, theyve mistaken this for a pale lilac so that will be coming off and replaced with a more vintagey silver!
    I'm thrilled and I'm having a trying on session tomorrow. My daughters dress is just fabulous - lots of tulle and is very very girly, she'll love it (shes at a sleepover weekend, so not back until sunday!!)
    I'm gobsmacked about the quality and workmanship, but will update again once I've tried it all on tomorrow and take pics to post.
    I'm shattered - been buzzing all day!!

Hysterically Happy Hels :p

SOOO happy for you Hels.
    I cant wait to see your pics. Im more and more sure that I want Landy to make me a Jenny Packham. Thanks for the tip about the beading!
    Lots of photos soon please.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Well, back from an amazing honeymoon the other day, got my pictures over the weekend so thought I would show my Landy dress.

Like others, being *cough* curvy :o meant I wasn't keen on trying on loads of dresses on in a bridal shop, especially after hearing a few stories about brides being made to feel uncomfortable.

I loved my dress and haven't regretted for a minute buying it through Landy

WeddingAlbumpics113.jpg

Fveweddingpics014.jpg

Caught unexpectedly in this one lol, so not smiling, but posted it to try and show the detail on the bodice.
    Fveweddingpics025.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you both look lovely louise! and your dress is gorgeous.
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • thriftymomma
    thriftymomma Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    Louise, your dress is stunning and congratulations on your marriage.
    Got Halifax Classic to reduce my interest rate by 5% woohoo - 10/06/08 Thanks MSE!
    Another 3% shaved off 10/12/08
    ANOTHER 4 % June 09:beer:
  • nat82
    nat82 Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2009 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Oh, Lousie! You look so beautiful! Your dress is stunning and you both look like you had a fabulous day! Your flowers look ace as well!!!

Well done!

How was your honeymoon?

xxxx
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Louise, You look beautiful. Your dress looks absolutley gorgeous - Congratulations.
  • xJayJayx
    xJayJayx Posts: 616 Forumite
    Options
    awh congrats Louise you looks lovely and your dress looks fab too!
  • northernflasher
    Options
    Congratulations Louise. Stunning dress, it would have cost you a fortune from a bridal shop. Was your veil also from Landy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure