First one to clear 15k gets a paper hat

Comments

• Hey doodledoo,

Just finished writing my third review on dooyoo.97 more to go!

If you can do around 3 or 4 a day, then it works out that you'll earn around £50 per month for writing reviews!! Great eh!

It get's a bit tedious after a bit, I'm bored now after writing three but if you do a few a day it shouldn't be too bad. And other people can rate your reviews which give you more dooyoo miles, so you'll get to that 50,000 miles limt quicker!!!
    First to £15k hat challenge!
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just managed 2 reviews on Dooyoo, is it really 100 reviews to get £50.... not sure I can find that many things to review!

Havent done as much this evening as I could have as havent been too well so have been sat here online with a hot water on my stomach, however will have to make up for my mediocre efforts tomorrow.

I am pledging to writing at least 5 more reviews on Dooyoo tomorrow!
    I also need to find all my receipts to claim back some expenses at work and therefore pay that straight off my credit card, looking at about £250 there! You'd think I'd be motivated enough to do that wouldnt you?! hence why I needed this thread!

Hows everyone else getting on?
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • I'd be motivated to do that CAFCgirl if I had that many expenses to claim back!!! I'm sure its 100 reviews to write. You get 500 miles per review and you need 50,000 to cash it in. Just wrote 3 reviews, going to try and do 3 more tonight, and then 4 tomorrow.

Just trying to find some things to put on ebay aswell! Hope you get better soon CAFCgirl (take it that stands for Charlton Athletic???)
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Good idea Mike I might aim for 5 a day for now, £50 a month can't be sniffed at lol. Knowing my luck they will slate my reviews lol.

CAFC- you must do that expense claim thats a good chunk of money. I will remind you every day till you do it lol
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • Yeah, we are all going to be on your back CAFCgirl until you get it done!! haha!!
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • CAFCGirl
    Forumite
    I know I know, shameful of me really.
    Its more because £160 of it was meant to be paid for me (hotel accomodation) but when I got there it hadnt been, and I couldnt get hold of the person so I ended up using my credit card, and normally any expenses for me (a retail store manager) are taken from petty cash, but we dont have enough in petty cash for me to claim it so I need to find out how to get it from head office. I promise to do this on monday! Promise promise promise!

Ok one more review on dooyoo done. I didnt realise clicking 'more' would bring up so many more things to review, there are hotels, tourist attractions etc. Im gonna be well away now I think! Just had 2 of them reviewed as well so I got 60 extra miles for that.

Feeling much better thanks, although now Im a bit too hot LOL
    And yes tragically that is what it stands for....
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,092
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all I would like to join. I have just over £19.3K of debt left to clear, but would aim for the £15K by Xmas 09. As I have paid my interest bearing debts until my 0% runs out in about April 09 onwards I am planning to stooze the money but count that as paid off if that's okay... I have £1.5K stoozing currently... (so net debts are 17.8K):money:

I'm in temporary job so altho I earn good money I feel quite vulnerable in the current economic climate - so stoozing also means that I would be able to pay my mortgage etc if the worst happens... I'm already part of the £10 a day challenge too.

I think I will join DooYoo and try and write some reviews. If anyone wants me to rate their reviews on the homepage thing once I've joined let me know. Similarly if anyone else wants to join ipoints, moneybackmadness, greasypalm, pigsback etc or be a follower on Bview for me so I earn referral money please pm me. ;) Hope I haven't offended anyone with that shameless plug!:p From the sites I've joined so far - Quidco seem to offer the best rates (and don't pay for referrals in case you wondered!).
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • Hi savingholmes,

That sounds a good idea about rating eachother reviews. Maybe we can all rate eachothers reviews and get some miles back for it?? I'm on dooyoo as mike1984 so if you let me know who you are on there (and anyone else) and I'll rate your reviews and if you rate mine. We'll get to the £50 mark quicker then!

Welcome aboard! The hat is still mine though!haha
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • CAFCGirl
    Forumite
    LOL @ Holmes.... nothing shameful in that.
    I've already bee touting for someone I could refer to moneybackmadness (no biters though)!

Welcome to the Paper Hat Challenge, currently not endorsed by Martin but we'll work on that later!

Im gonna find all my receipts tomorrow and write it all down so I know how much im expecting, and maybe that will spur me on to actually GET MY MONEY!
  • CAFCGirl wrote: »
    IAnd yes tragically that is what it stands for....

Ooh unlucky! :D
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts