Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

First one to clear 15k gets a paper hat - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

First one to clear 15k gets a paper hat

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 91.8K views

Replies

• CAFCGirl wrote: »
    does moneybackmadness give you money for recommending a friend?

maybe someone would like to recommend me, and then I can recommend someone else etc? Be like a little round robin of recommendations

Yes it does CAFCgirl.

I will recommend you tonight, don't know what I have to do to do it but I'll let you know.
    First to £15k hat challenge!
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • clearmydebtsclearmydebts Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think my first 1/2 of 2009 will be slow cos OH is in uni but wait til he leaves, I'll be forcing him into employment to get the debts down. Ha ha!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€37,140
    Loan: €29,300 CC1: €4,640 CC2: 3200
    DFD:Nov 2022/May 2022
    Mortgage: €203,595
    MFD: March 2042/Feb 2038
  • Thanks everyone for the advice about keeping up to date with payments. I will set a spreadsheet up now.

Just thinking surely by just taking my payments off won't work as there will be interest to add every month won't they? Therefore when I think I'm close to paying it off I won't be.
    'Proud to be dealing with my debts'
    20p savers= £158.00 :T DFW Nerd #1061
    Nectar points 3514 Boots Ad Card £21.30
    31/01/10 Loan 1 = £6058, Loan 2 = £8896, Caravan Loan = £12980, HSBC CC = £0 :j Car = £0 :j, Loan 3 = £2490, Overdraft = £0 :j
  • Well I think you will all find that the hat is in fact mine :p

I would love to debt free by Xmas 2009. It will be a push but I will try :T :santa2:
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • CAFCGirlCAFCGirl Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike, if you need my email address to recommend me, just send me a pm on here.

Does anyone want me to recommend them? LOL
    One income, home educating family life
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2019 46\66 Excess Spent 28/2/2020 YARN
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2020 14/66
  • too_much_debttoo_much_debt Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mike84 wrote: »

Hey too much,

I've just joined that moneybackmadness.co.uk and they give you £10 straight away!!!

Just got to get to £35 so I can cash it in!

I think once you have your first payment you can then lower it to £20. I find it easier to use than any of the others. If you look at the Free stuff there are a couple where you can order a free brochure and get moneyback for it, I ordered the Butlins one and another Caravan holiday one. If you buy anything always see if they do moneyback on it through Moneybackmadness. When I first joined about a year or so ago I got my Life Insurance through them and got about £40 back so worth looking at things like that too.

TMD
    Sealed Pot Challenge #64
  • too_much_debttoo_much_debt Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you go to the main page, there is a lot of links at the top, in small white writing it says 'Refer a friend', it has instructions there, think you just type their e-mail address in.

Also on the right of the main page is a long list of things, go to Daily Money Back and there are companies who pay 1p or 2p to do searches. I've done my quota for today, the pennies soon add up (look out for the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves).

Also at the top it says 'Free Stuff' that is where you will find moneyback for requesting brochures etc, I don't do the prize draw things as they kept phoning up about other things and it got annoying.

TMD
    Sealed Pot Challenge #64
  • CAFCGirlCAFCGirl Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the advice about keeping up to date with payments. I will set a spreadsheet up now.

Just thinking surely by just taking my payments off won't work as there will be interest to add every month won't they? Therefore when I think I'm close to paying it off I won't be.

Most loan repayments are done on fixed term so your monthly payments will actually already included the interest payments.

HTH
    One income, home educating family life
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2019 46\66 Excess Spent 28/2/2020 YARN
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 2020 14/66
  • Does anyone do Dooyooo?

I have seen it mentioned a few times but not entirely sure what its all about.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • clearmydebtsclearmydebts Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Doodledoo,

Dooyoo can be found at https://www.dooyoo.co.uk

Basically you sign up and get paid 50p for every review you do. You can review absolutely anything and if it isn't there you can suggest it. You also get paid 1.5p everytime someone rates you review (dooyoo member) and you usually rate them back out of courtesy.

Once you have 10,000 miles (500 miles per review) you can cash it in for an Amazon voucher. If you want cash instead you have to have 50,000 miles before you can cash it in.

I have found it really useful and most of my Xmas presents have been bought between that and other survey sites.

Hope this helps!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€37,140
    Loan: €29,300 CC1: €4,640 CC2: 3200
    DFD:Nov 2022/May 2022
    Mortgage: €203,595
    MFD: March 2042/Feb 2038
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support