Equiniti-what a bunch of muppets

Options
Equiniti are the trustee of my shares and were supposed to give me back my money from a return of capital by the company.

Cheque never arrived and it went downhill from there

Despite ring them several times and being given false promises, bounced from one incompetant call handler to the next, promised ring backs 3 times, email to [EMAIL="concerns@equinit.com"]concerns@equinit.com[/EMAIL] going unanswered, promises of cheque being sent....i've not got my money back yet

I even got a letter today saying.....nothing....really it said nothing...well apart from thank you for contacting us....regards...anonymous signature.

How can I force these muppets to just give me the money that the aknowledge over the phone they owe?

They're a trustee for heavens sake...doesn't that mean something:mad:

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You cannot go to the FOS until you have gone through their complaints process. A complaint made to the FOS at this stage will see them forward it straight to the company and not get involved until you are deadlocked.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Storminmike_2
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    You cannot go to the FOS until you have gone through their complaints process. A complaint made to the FOS at this stage will see them forward it straight to the company and not get involved until you are deadlocked.

Mistakenly I took them at their word by using the email link. It states that it was one of the valid ways to complain

http://www.shareview.co.uk/helpcentre/Pages/voiceyourconcerns.aspx

There are a number of ways you can tell us about your concerns:
    • in writing
    • by telephone
    To help us put things right as quickly as possible please provide the following details:
    • your full name and address
    • full details of your complaint
    • the company or service to which the complaint relates
    • how you think the complaint could be resolved
      photocopies of any paperwork supporting your complaint (please keep the original copies)
    When you contact us about a complaint we will do all we can to resolve it by the end of the next business day. If we can't do this we will confirm receipt of your complaint in writing within five business days and let you know when you can expect a full response.

That's what I did...but got no response...there must be someone laughing their head off on that email account:mad:

Rang again today....apprently the cheque went out Monday/Tuesday....2 days before the meaningless letter I recieved

The lady I spoke to read copy o the letter that was sent and agreed it was a standard top and tail auto reply without any content in between.

Asked fo mandate form for future divis....and if the cheque never arrives get them to use the mandate....if they get it:confused:

Will give benefit of doubt for few days but it's trying my patience with.

Probably send letter too

They're costing me interest too....muppets

• SilentMinority
    Options
    I had a similar situation a couple of months ago when a cheque hadn't arrived from the muppets.

In the first call I was told that the old cheque would be cancelled and re-issued.

After waiting a few days, they came up with an £11.75 administration fee, but I told them they had no chance.

I got the other runarounds as well; non-answered calls, no call back, etc

When I did speak to someone, I got the usual "our policy is..." statement, to which I responded that my policy is to receive money that I am owed and that they should just send my cheque.

When I was told about using their written complaint procedure, I advised them that I didn't want to join in their bureaucratic games and requested to speak with someone in "customer support".

More delaying tactics (2 days worth) until I got to speak with someone in customer support.

10 days after the start of this process, I was told that they had to wait on the cheque being cancelled but I reminded them that that was supposed to have happened 10 days earlier (another delaying trick?).

The final delay was for me to sign a piece of paper requesting the cheque. I got a fax number to send it to. Their fax machine failed to accept the call for 24 hours!

I suspect that an "official" complaint procedure may also be milked for as much delaying time as possible, while you wait for payment...

Moaning down a phone got there for me. One key step was to get through to "customer support" verbally (not waiting on a letter), as they seem to have the authority to do things.
  • Storminmike_2
    Options
    I had a similar situation a couple of months ago when a cheque hadn't arrived from the muppets.

In the first call I was told that the old cheque would be cancelled and re-issued.

After waiting a few days, they came up with an £11.75 administration fee, but I told them they had no chance.

I got the other runarounds as well; non-answered calls, no call back, etc

When I did speak to someone, I got the usual "our policy is..." statement, to which I responded that my policy is to receive money that I am owed and that they should just send my cheque.

When I was told about using their written complaint procedure, I advised them that I didn't want to join in their bureaucratic games and requested to speak with someone in "customer support".

More delaying tactics (2 days worth) until I got to speak with someone in customer support.

10 days after the start of this process, I was told that they had to wait on the cheque being cancelled but I reminded them that that was supposed to have happened 10 days earlier (another delaying trick?).

The final delay was for me to sign a piece of paper requesting the cheque. I got a fax number to send it to. Their fax machine failed to accept the call for 24 hours!

I suspect that an "official" complaint procedure may also be milked for as much delaying time as possible, while you wait for payment...

Moaning down a phone got there for me. One key step was to get through to "customer support" verbally (not waiting on a letter), as they seem to have the authority to do things.

Well I'm not alone then

My cheque has still to arrive. The promised mandate to change it to paid to account has yet to arrive either. They always sound very apologetic on the phone but that's not going to get my money back. I just don't know what's going on, are they really being sneaky or imcompetant

Equinit I thought was supposed to be a trustee and as such be above such rubbish...obviously not. Thsi 10 working day thing is driving me mad.

Either their computer is telling porkies about sending the cheque or the postie is stockpiling un cashable cheques

I feel like driving to the office and kicking their door down

Failing that a direct email address to the top man
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just had a run-in with this company. Back at the beginning of October I decided to sell my Alliance and Leicester shares before that company was taken over by Banco Santander. The sale seemed to go through OK, but then a week later I received a letter from them saying that I would probably be receiving a letter from Santander showing that my A&L shares had been transferred into Santander. So Equinti asked me to send off my Statement of Ownership of the new shares, plus a transfer form, to enable the sale of the shares to be finalized.

I did this, but then after three weeks I had not heard from them and had not received my cheque for the share-sale. This morning I rang Equinti to ask them what had happened to my money. After being passed from one department to another it turns out that thesale had been cancelled (for "corporate reasons") and that I still own the Santander shares. Now they are arranging for me to receive a new Statement of Ownership of the shares, plus a share-sale form, so I can at last sell the shares, a month after the originally date.

According to the last person i spoke to I should have received notification that the sale had been cancelled, but I didn't.

It also looks as though I could lose money over their errors. This is because the shares have gone down since my original "sale" . If I sell them now I will get at least £100 less than if the shares had been sold at the beginning of October. I suppose I could hang on to them and hope the shares eventually rise in price.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    An update to the above. It turns out that they had sold our shares and we did receive the price for them we were quoted back in October. That's the good news.

But there is a sting in the tale. Because of the time they took over the sale we were both mistakenly given a dividend from Banco Santander amounting to the princely sum of £7.23 each. Today we both received letters asking for this money back. I actually had this money transferred directly into a my bank and I have paid it back to them. My wife should have received a cheque, which never appeared. So now they have got to send her the cheque again, she has to pay it into the bank and then send them £7.23!

To make things worse at the bottom of the letter is this :-

If we do not receive payment within seven days of this letter we may take legal steps to recover any outstanding monies owed to us

Very heavy handed for a total sum of £14.46.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure