Welcome to the new Disability MoneySaving Board

Options

Comments

• mummycool1
    Options
    I'd just like to say thanks for a great board. I'm a huge money.com fan anyway but this is extremely useful for me.

Gilly x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    From the bottom of my heart and my wife's bottom also, thank you! ha ha.
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks martin ,so glad i have found this site to talk to like minded folk , its nice to nag and natter , i feel so much better after. :money::T:T:T
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • RogRog
    RogRog Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hello please help in anyway you can.

Our forms have come through again and so worried about filling them out as last time We had to go to a tribunal because the DWP said I wan't having enough fits.........Trying to get better...... around 8-12 fits a month, and phsiatica of the Back which means after a fit I can't hardly walk. I have my wife who is my full time helper and two young children, we can't go through all the hassle again of our money getting stoped. Any hints and tips and help please.
    Kind regards,

Roger and Jennifer Tatt
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks so much for this Martin:T

Nobody gives you any information or help, you always to struggle trying to find anything out, and when you are ill it makes it a 1,000 times more difficult.

Makes you think that 'they' don't want us to know anything!!!!!:eek:
    :smileyheaMagenta
  • descartesmum
    Options
    Thank you for this fourm, today it's really helped me.

Oh and Martin I can make a mean chicken soup with matzoh balls. ;)
  • Rustyalisha
    Options
    My daughter is 9years old and was diagnosed with JIA when she was six.She has been in and out of hospital having her knee drained of fluid several times and is on perminant meds.She takes 15mls Methotrexate and 5mls folic acid each week.I have been fighting with the DLA to get some sort of benefit for my daughter which would help with paying for taxi's in bad weather,school trips and uniforms.She uses a wheelchair to get to school as it is a 1half mile walk each way which is to far for her to walk without causing her pain.The first time I applied just after she was diagnosed they said no,I appealed but that was cancelled.I reapplyed several weeks ago and am awaiting their decision.How comes they dish out money to other people willy nilly but won't give it to people who REALLY DO NEED IT.I am so angry.Any advice,suggestions or friendly chat would be so welcome.Thank you for this thread it will help alot of frustrated people.:mad:
  • lexi1980
    Options
    Hi, I am a newbie to the site and have no knowledge on how this site works. Apologies if i get or do anything wrong.

Im 29yrs old been working since the age of 16. Unfortunately March last year I was struck down with Kidney failure due to a rare blood disorder (HUS) and the kidney disorder (TTP), I also suffer with Chronic fatigue and IBS. My whole world has been change. I was wondering if anyone could advise me about financial support?? I have a mortgage and the general bills. I claim Incapacity Benefit and Disability Allowance. Im certify as a disabled person. Is there anything else I should be looking at to help me as I am not allowed to turn back to work or do anything in the fear of upsetting my disorder and going back into hospital. Ive contacted benefit office and the citzens advice bureau, they have not been able to help me.

I would be most grateful for any advice or guidance.

Regards :confused:

PS how do I access this board??
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Lexi (and anyone else looking for information)

Firstly welcome, you will find a wealth of information on here. As far as benefits are concerned, you might also want to take a look at the benefits board.

As far as accessing the boards is concerned - click on 'forum' on the green bar at the top, and then scroll down till you reach the forum you want. 'Disability & Dosh' is fairly near the bottom as it is a recent addition to the forums.

You may find it useful to start a new thread, with your specific enquiry, as you will get more answers that way. Just click on 'new thread' and ask away. An easy way to find your own threads is to click on 'User CP' and then, if it isn't immediately apparent, click on 'all subscribed threads' (bottom right).

You will find that most people on this board are helpful and supportive, so do feel free to ask

Hope this helps x
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • aspiringgeekygirl
    Options
    Martin,
    Nice to meet you. This is a very overdue idea which is utterly relevant for the purposes of MSE.
    I have been lurking on the site for a while and such an idea can only extend what looks like a jolly helpful practical and inspirational financial and money saving web site that includes all people, instead of sinfully excluding some.
    How to get a LIFE out of NOTHING !!:money::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport