We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Mystery Shopping thread - part 6

1…475476478480481…607

Comments

  • Engadine
    Engadine Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    flyer wrote: »
    I was told you can NEVER take it again! Once you've failed, that's it forever.

    I've had a test reset for me with no problems, passed it second time round!
    :j Debt free since 31/01/08:j

  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    kman wrote: »
    I've never seen a supermarket on GR - is it because I'm a bloke and shopping is a girlie thing??? ;) Are they discriminating against us men???

    I have seen the supermarket once too! It was unbelievable... hallelujah!
  • I failed the pizza test and left it for a few months before I emailed them. I asked them if I could do the test again but I heard no response. I was then able to accept pizza jobs for some reason. I have done one also - this is all without passing the bleeding test! :j
  • pebblespop
    pebblespop Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    flyer wrote: »
    I was told you can NEVER take it again! Once you've failed, that's it forever.
    i am thinking of asking them as a ransom if they ring for me to do an urgent job!!

    they always ring me at work though so i don't really want the office listening to me asking some to put the chicken one back on - they will think i have gone mad!
  • I know some of you out there get a mobile phone message when a message has been posted on the alerts thread. How do you do that? :confused:
    Please, please, please tell me. ;)
  • Hi All

    I am new to MSE, so am hping someone can point me in the right direction.

    I am interested in becoming a mystery shopper (otherwise I am on the wrong thread huh) but what is concerning me is doing the self tax/NI stuff! I have read the first thread about this but still a little dubious!

    How easy is it really in reality, should I sign up to one of the companies and then sort out the tax stuff or should I do a couple of jobs then do it. i know it has to be done within the 3 months. Oh questions questions.

    TIA

    Sarah
    Halifax CC - £374.58 Vanquis CC - £2300 HSBC Loan - £7000 SimplyBe - £458.27
  • IlonaRN
    IlonaRN Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi All

    I am new to MSE, so am hping someone can point me in the right direction.

    I am interested in becoming a mystery shopper (otherwise I am on the wrong thread huh) but what is concerning me is doing the self tax/NI stuff! I have read the first thread about this but still a little dubious!

    How easy is it really in reality, should I sign up to one of the companies and then sort out the tax stuff or should I do a couple of jobs then do it. i know it has to be done within the 3 months. Oh questions questions.

    TIA

    Sarah
    Hello Sarah,

    I would just do the tax stuff as soon as you've signed up. It really isn't difficult at all. I just rang them, and it took about 5 minutes on the phone to sort things out. It was really easy, so nothing to be worried about :)
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi Sarah,

    Welcome :)

    It is actually dead easy as Ilona has said. If you don't want to ring up, jsut do it online! Takes about 2 minutes.

    BTW you don't need to but in a business name (but do put in the business address as your home address if that is were you're working from).
  • Not posting to the alerts thread as these will be gone in minutes but there are spanish restaurants for the North West and Leeds on RE now :)


    and they're gone... blimey, in seconds rather than minutes!
  • kman
    kman Posts: 572 Forumite
    I know some of you out there get a mobile phone message when a message has been posted on the alerts thread. How do you do that? :confused:
    Please, please, please tell me. ;)

    Sorry, don't know how to get a phone message - the only thing I know is you can subscribe to the thread - click on thread tools at the top of the page, and you can arrange to recieve email notifications when alerts are posted... HTH
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.