ICICI Bank

Options

Comments

• alchemistkevin
    Options
    valderee wrote: »
    Is it me or has ICICI's website crashed?:eek:
    Their website is always so slow! Takes an age just to come up!

It was a bit better this morning though.
  • reform_2
    reform_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Its definately kaput at my end. It doens't make any effort to load the page. Just straight to the "Page load error" page.
  • alchemistkevin
    Options
    reform wrote: »
    Well they certainly know how to spook their consumers.... Website was dog slow an hour ago, and now the login page is dead as a dodo...

Lets not jumpt to any conclusions eh!
    wow! did you try it yesterday or the day before? or last year? or the year before!

They regularly have regular maintenance and other times its out of maintenance and needs one!

Please do not scare people with comments like 'jumpt to any conclusions' or 'have a rush o'
  • alchemistkevin
    Options
    FurryPaws wrote: »
    You aren't the only one depositing money Kevin. I am too.

I don't agree with alot of what's being said on this thread and believe it to be scaremongering as is the form on these forums these days (I may only be a 'new' member to the forums, but I've been on the mailing list for years)

ICICI may go the same way as Icelandic banks, the same way UK banks are not 'safe'. They are covered by the £50k UK FCS so why is everyone panicing?

If you don't have regular income anymore due to sickness or retirement then move an amount over to your linked account which you feel you may need to live on if you can't get to your money for afew months if it goes wrong. Everyone pulling out WILL make the bank more unstable and make it more likely to happen.

I actually moved afew hundred into my linked account afew days ago just as an emergency fund incase it does go the same way as Icelandic banks.. but I have alot of money still in there which I'm happy to let sit. And as an extra, the money was a day late transferring into my linked account so I got an email from ICICI today saying that they were sorry about the slight delay and as compansation they gave me £50!!
    Panic mongering will bring more banks down than we can imagine. Keeping a calm head is of utmost importance and the UK Govt. has enough funds to meet the FSCS claims if a bank covered under their guarantee does go under.

Obviously, there's a lot of deluded and panic lot in here that probably make some dumb 'investing' decisions and now are equating the same rationale to 'savings' or 'current' accounts.
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    reform wrote: »
    Its definately kaput at my end. It doens't make any effort to load the page. Just straight to the "Page load error" page.

Yup def gone down now.. It was really slow this morning now dead
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • reform_2
    Options
    I wasn't being sarcastic with the jumpting to conclusions bit... I'm sure it's just the usual poor service.
  • Aardvark
    Options
    ICICI will not let me get into my account at all. I keep getting a message saying I have entered an invalid ID or password. But I know they are correct. I have them written down and used them successfully two weeks ago. I phoned and was told my ID was correct and they would send a new password. But it will take 10 days and I can't access my savings until then. I am worried that this is just a way of preventing people from moving their savings.
  • lectureral
    Options
    I just logged on no problem - a bit slow, but actually quicker than some times in the past - in and out in under 2 minutes. I have a fix until August and am quite happy for them to have it until then (given our government's guarantee).
  • valderee
    Options
    Nope... still can't get the site...

Only want to print out my account... JIC......
  • reform_2
    Options
    lectureral wrote: »
    I just logged on no problem - a bit slow, but actually quicker than some times in the past - in and out in under 2 minutes. I have a fix until August and am quite happy for them to have it until then (given our government's guarantee).

Interesting, it must be a interweb problem then. Where are you based and what website did you go to access your accounts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure