🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

utility bill prior to my occupying premises

Options
I purchased premises last October and at time failed to inform gas supplier of me being new owner I received bill full of estimates dating back to 2006 as unknown to me no bills had been paid for over year before my purchase they are now saying I have to pay for this period as well as I never arranged a meter reading on my occupying the building is this true

Comments

• brysiewysie
    Options
    No that's not true. They can estimate what the reading should be and bill to that.
  • WhistleBlower
    Options
    Another of my commonest calls.

No, you are not responsible for those bills. Send a copy of your completion of sale to your supplier (ensure it shows the date on it) and an up to date read, they will estimate your connection read based on that.

For preference fax the documents to the company, you'll get it sorted quicker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport