Natwest ISA Transfer, Current Acc Required???

Options
I popped into Natwest to pick up ISA Transfer forms for their new 6.67% rate.

The lady who found me the forms asked if I had a current account with Natwest. I said no and I didn't want one, I was only interested in transferring my cash ISA but she insisted a current account was required to have the ISA and attached her card to the forms and told me to call to say I was coming in to open it.

What I am wondering is was the lady just trying to earn commission by getting me to set up a current account or is one required to have the ISA? And why would it be needed?!

I am pretty sure she was just trying to earn a commission and shouldn't be trusted.

Advice much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• lanee_3
    Options
    I've just been looking at this on moneysupermarket and it states in the conditions that you must have an existing account with Nat West so unfortunately the lady was right! However it doesn't need to be a current account you can have a savings account.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Doesn't have to be a current account. (posted here)
  • XXXX
    XXXX Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    I did not have any account with NatWest but I had one ISA opened last week without issues.

Call them on 0800 255 200, they were not as demanding as your branch lady. :j
    Vodafone sucks. :mad:
  • riad_2
    riad_2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    If not already held, Natwest do require folks to open an "instant access" account for any 'accidental' deposits in excess of £3600 to be put into.

Instant access can be either a current account or an instant access savings account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure