Brad+Bing wont let me transfer my ISA!

Options
To transfer an ISA which i plan to do as i'm only getting a poor 4% interest with B+B you need to provide an 8 digit account number, sounds simple enough i thought...until i looked at my ISA easy saver with bradford and bingley! It has a 12 character (so there's letters mixed in it too! in this format where x is a letter and 2 is a number; 222 xx222222x). I've rang them up and asked nicely for the proper 8 digit number BUT theyve told me they cant provide me with this as it doesnt have one! HELP me please, i dont want to be forced to take a low interest rate or have to withdraw all my cash which which has taken me many years of saving to put in there!
Thankyou for any advice offered in advance. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Comments

• Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could transfer it to their 1 year Fixed Rate ISa paying 6.25%.

http://www.bradford-bingley.co.uk/savings/tax-free-accounts.asp?tid=3
  • £$&*"($£&(
    £$&*"($£&( Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    My Bradford and Bingley number is 13 characters. When transfering to Nat West B&B told they don't need the first three characters, which are two numbers followed by a letter and the last three which are letters but the 7 middle numbers are the key thing. I used this for the transfer form but gave Nat West the full 13 character number as well. However the first B&B advisor said there was only a 13 character number but I rang again and received the different advice about the 7 numbers. Perhaps there's something in your account number which is the same which a different advisor might admit is all you need.
  • Daps
    Daps Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    The company that you will transfer to need to write to B&B anyway, so even though there's no 8-digit account number, you'll still be able to transfer. Make sure the full account number is written on the form (it probably won't fit inside the boxes, so just write it above or below the account number box) then in the account number box you can put 00000000.

There are actually quite a lot of companies that have non-standard account/roll numbers and though it means it doesn't fit into the boxes very well, as long as the details are on the form, they'll be able to identify your account and transfer it without any problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure