Maturing cash ISA

Options
Hello, I'd appreciate some advice! I have a cash ISA that matures in November. When this happens I'd like to take some of the balance to pay off mortgage but will have approx £1000 left. Am I able to withdraw some cash and transfer the other £1000 to an ISA with the post office who seem to have a good rate at the mo? How long after the ISA matures do I have to sort it out? I have not used all of this years ISA allowance yet.
Thanks v much xx

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    sparrow49 wrote: »
    Am I able to withdraw some cash and transfer the other £1000 to an ISA with the post office who seem to have a good rate at the mo?
    Yes
    How long after the ISA matures do I have to sort it out?
    That depends on the terms & conditions of the current Cash ISA (I presumed that it's a fixed-rate product, as you refer to 'maturing') - I have one maturing at the end of October, which only gives me a 14-day window in which to transfer to a different provider.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »
    I have one maturing at the end of October, which only gives me a 14-day window in which to transfer to a different provider.
    That's rich, considering the "they're allowed 30 days" nonsense I was informed of only today....
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »
    That's rich, considering the "they're allowed 30 days" nonsense I was informed of only today....
    They give 30 days advance notice of reinvestment/transfer options, plus the 14 day window, so no real problem...... ;)

If you are unfortunate enough to miss the transfer window, the funds are swept into their variable rate ISA, which has a 90 day notice period.....:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure