IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Save on MOT Bills

in Motoring
221 replies 152.9K views

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Correction on telephone number for Derbyshire County Council MOT Test Station at Ambergate. Should be 01773 856667.
  • 1jacks641jacks64 Forumite
    171 Posts
    Does anyone know the Hampshire County Council MOT test station contact details?
  • moneysavermoneysaver Forumite
    779 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭

The 14 day rule used to be the case but the law recently changed and now you get 24 hours to get repairs done at a different garage and return for the re-test or you have to pay the test fee again.

This new rule in reality make things extremely difficult to avoid re-test fees :'(

I don't know where you got your info but I have done this recently & had no problem taking it back within 14 days.

Are you sure you don't work for a garage? >:( >:(

Moneysaver
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used Bedfordshire County Council Vehicle Depot for years - Tel 01234-327369. They are honest, reliable and cheap and are based at their Depot in London Road, Bedford.

They have now been "privatised" and have been run by Balfour Beatty Plant Services for about 5 years - but the same staff are doing the work!. They will always quote for repair work if you need it.

Chris
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea.
    Anyone know of , or know where how I can find one, of these centers in the Manchester,Liverpool or Cheshire area.

Thanks
  • Does anyone know the Hampshire County Council MOT test station contact details?

apparantly Hants county council do not have any MOT testing staion themselves, but if you find out different could you please let me know ?
    Many thanks
    Claire
    something missing
  • 1jacks641jacks64 Forumite
    171 Posts
    Does anyone know the contact details of Surrey County Council MOT test station?
  • Any one out there know of one in the Birmigham/West Midlands ??? ;D
    You know what... you can't beat a good bargain!!!
  • MajorMajor Forumite
    33 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Major: have you contacted the council and/or ambulance service in that area? These duties may be contracted out to a commercial firm, it may not be available where you are.

G[glow=red,2,300]alstonian[/glow]

Thanks for your efforts. :)
    What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If its of any help, the locacl authority test station is at the Thamesdown Bus garage in Corporation Street. As per all previous comments, you get an unbiased and thorough MOT from them. Their praises cannot be sung high enough. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals