Great 'What's Hot and What's not at Aldi, Lidl & Netto' Hunt revisted

in Gone Off!
1K replies 453.9K views

Replies

• candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :j Popped into Lidl today to stock up on dried yeast - 28p for a 2 x 7gms pack of Allinsons Yeast.

Demerara Sugar only £1.00 for 1 kg.

McVities triple pack - hobnobs, rich tea and digestives £1.29.

Fairy Washing Up Liquid £1.40 a bottle or 2 for £2.00 - the big size.

Between the offers in Farmfoods and Lidl's, saved loads today. Makes it even better that they are n ext door to each other.:)

are you in Preston then?:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • hansihansi Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    or is it Cardiff? Whoops, sorry it's Aldi and FF in Cardiff!
  • TurkishdreamerTurkishdreamer Forumite
    464 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    candygirl wrote: »
    are you in Preston then?:D

No I am an Essex girl. The stores in question are in Chelmsford.:D
    MSE Addiction, should come with a health warning:money:
  • Wilkinsons are doing Fairy Washing Up liquid for £1 for 650ml size. Aldi's Magnum is 59p for 500ml.
  • SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off of the topic, apologies, but I know Aldi sell Ritter Sport chocolate (a selection of minis). Do Lidl sell Ritter Sport too? My Aldi is kind of far away and this chocolate is superb!
  • hansihansi Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lidl have a Polish section and their gherkins in brine are just yummy!
  • madpianomadpiano Forumite
    63 Posts
    Slightly off of the topic, apologies, but I know Aldi sell Ritter Sport chocolate (a selection of minis). Do Lidl sell Ritter Sport too? My Aldi is kind of far away and this chocolate is superb!

wow, I will travel to Aldi tomorrow!!!! I LOVE Ritter Sport!!! It's a medium priced German chocolate brand I grew up with. I especially love the Minis. perfect size for a snack. It's not an Aldi own brand and widely available there.
    I have several Lidl nearby, but have to travel 7miles through London traffic for my nearest Aldi, so I have never been. I always used to do all my shopping at Aldi in Germany, but they do have a proper butcher and a proper bakery (independent businesses that rent store space) there, which made that easier. Do they have that here as well?
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Ambassador
    49K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just spotted this

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/service/18880.htm?WT.z_src=main

Overview_iphone.jpg
    Main benefits for the App
    • View all current and future Specialbuys in store
    • Add products to your personal shopping list
    • Find your nearest store when out and about
    How to download the App
    1. Go to the iPhone App Store
    2. Go to search and enter Aldi UK
    3. Select the free App and press install
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping & Freebies, Over 50s Moneysaving and Phones & TV boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • StompaStompa Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I've just taken a quick look at the Android version, but it doesn't seem to offer much so have now uninstalled.

The "Add products to your personal shopping list" (which was the bit that sounded most useful) only applies to special buys and not the full product range. It also doesn't seem very well thought out, when you add an item to your shopping list there's no feedback to tell you that you've successfully done so, etc.

It's a thumbs down from me I'm afraid.
    Stompa
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Ambassador
    49K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not got an iphone so could not test...lol
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping & Freebies, Over 50s Moneysaving and Phones & TV boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides