Working 29.5 hours - need 30: Any Ideas How?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I've managed to secure two jobs but the hours total 29.5 hours!!!! :o

To claim WTC (I do not have children), I believe I need to be working 30 hours min. per week.

I am commuting to London from far away, and so this leaves me potentially - If I can survive the travel _pale_ - with Tues, Wed eves free, and also weekends.

Can anyone suggest how I can scrape the much neede half hour? :huh: I cannot add this onto the two jobs I am currently doing: they are both fixed contracts - non-negotiable.

Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• glitterkitty
    Options
    little bit of bar work? just a couple of evenings or 1 day at weekend?
    the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!! :j:j
  • Loopy_Girl
    Options
    Mystery Shopping :)

1 a week will more than do you as you count time on the PC looking for work, travelling to the job etc etc.

I am with 4 companies and make a wee bit from it but if you are just after a top up then I would recommend that.
  • Suzkin
    Suzkin Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions. If - by the sounds of it - the suggestions yield payment in the form of 'cash in hand', then I cannot do this, really. Ideally, I am seeking forms of employment that I can legitimately declare, so I can claim WTC. Sorry - I should have stated this clearly in my original message.
  • Loopy_Girl
    Options
    Mystery shopping is legit!!!!:eek:

You have to register as self employed. Takes a couple of ticks and then that's you done. By the time you factor in all your needs for the job (paper, ink etc etc) then you pay very little tax or, you can feasibly run a loss.

Nothing cash in hand about it I assure you!!!!!!!:beer:

So when you apply for WTC you have 29.5 employed and 1 hour Self Employed!! Jobs a good 'un :)
  • looks like some sort of bar work would be the logical answer,especially as xmas approaches and pubs are hopefully looking for additional staff,or if you dont work sat or sunday already what about weekend work in a supermarket or some other retail outlet,many employ weekend only staff
  • arlybarly
    Options
    you could also get one cleaning job for a couple of hours per week and that would bring you over the 30 hours.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    You only need an extra 30 minutes. Here's a suggestion. Explain the situation and offer to do an extra 15 minutes at each employers.
  • glitterkitty
    Options
    Bar work is legit!!!
    the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!! :j:j
  • Quillion
    Quillion Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    Cant you take shorter break?
    :beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:
  • Auzelia
    Auzelia Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    why do you need 30 hours.
    Is that for the extra 30 + element.
    because you can claim WTC on 16 + hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure