Dog Racing 1p Meal Deal

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Daft_Pegasus
    Options
    kuromi wrote: »
    Any info on what the meal is? I'm guessing it's going to be fast food or something but has anyone been and can report back?
    At Belle Vue (and I presume the others) it was fast food. Burger & chips, hot dogs, etc. Also they ran out of food the first time we went as we waited until the queues died down.
  • Kirsty262
    Options
    We have been to Kinsley dogs tonight and had a great time. The meal was burger/chips or chicken nuggets/chips.
  • Ravenous
    Options
    Can't believe I've had to wade through four pages - even after the admins tried to get it back on message - to find out (roughly) what the deal is! Still no info on the cost of drinks etc., which would be useful to assess if this is a megadeal or a con.

I'm not unsympathetic to the animal rights people here, but surely it's really simple? Make up your mind and then either
    (a) go to the racetrack, enjoy yourself and have a great cheap night out; or
    (b) if you want to undermine the greyhound industry's profits then go as often as possible, eat as much food as possible for 1p a time and don't spend a penny on anything else.
    Presumably the 1p food is thoroughly carnivorous in order to avoid animal rights supporters (who are presumably all vegan) taking option (b) in huge numbers?
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2009 at 3:35AM
    Options
    i thought this was money saving experty, not moral superiority enterprise..(couldnt think of something more suitable for E..)

i had a 1/4 share in a greyhound many years ago, looked promising at first, but reckon he turned gay as was going after the other dogs, rather than the hare!

As he didnt make the (racing) grade, so spent many happy years as a pet, and was cared for very well.

bloody expensive though, so I can see why some get abandoned if no likelihood of a return..
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can't remember what we paid for drinks at Yarmouth, but I don't think they are any dearer than the pubs.
    It is a good offer and not a con, we have been before on this deal a few weeks ago and last year.
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • malkmus
    Options
    I used to be a Greyhound trainer, the industry is presently self destructing ..the tracks are dismal lacking investment, and frequented by scruffy obese individuals.

1 pence meal deals are frankly too expensive, unless your banned from the local soup kitchen avoid.
  • malkmus
    Options
    Kirsty262 wrote: »
    We have been to Kinsley dogs tonight and had a great time. The meal was burger/chips or chicken nuggets/chips.

Wow is that what they call Gordon Blew?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport