Dog Racing 1p Meal Deal

Options

Comments

• x__Indigo_x
    x__Indigo_x Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    hmm i dunno which is closest to me? im in liverpool.
    I am a full time Benefit and Money Adviser for a leading non profit charity and I LOVE my job <3
    Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer :)

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
  • gaz_jones
    gaz_jones Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options

Go to www.theaa.com and check on there. Thats the best trip planner i've found so far.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options

I also live in Liverpool and am going to BelleVue.
  • Daft_Pegasus
    Options
    Has anyone used this offer yet?

I'm planning to go on Friday so wanted to check to see if anyone had any advice or experience of it.

Thanks, DP
  • Emily_Hall08
    Options
    i wouldn't want to be in a place like that, i completely disagree with the whole thing.
    having said that i did check out their menu, and it's awful anyway
  • JamesP11
    Options
    I'd just like to put a pro point to greyhound racing, after looking at the 1p meal deal it brings you here where surprise surprise the anti's are about, spouting there usual message and branding anyone who disagrees uneducated. I am 24 years old and have enjoyed greyhound racing for the last 7 yrs or so. I started going to Belle vue when in Liverpool uni and now living in London I have been to the majority of tracks around the area.

Last year myself and a group of friends bought a greyhound, Mick The Brute, you can see pictures of him on greyhound-data.com. He was a great dog, winning his first 3 races for us at Harlow for David Lee, he was well looked after by David, and when he was taken to Lorraine Sams for an open race career, you could see how much the dogs meant to her, so to call it a business is wrong, she loves her animals.

The Brute won once more before injuring himself and therefore and early retirement was in order, he is now loving life up in Sheffield with a friend, He settled in really well and enjoys watching himself on dvd winning his races while sitting on the sofa!!

So my advice is give greyhound racing a go, (yes the 1p meal deal is good, but your not going to get michelin quality food for a penny obviously), but the entrance fee is what your getting for cheap!!, enjoy your night out, and keep going back, yes we cannot let the Seaham scandal be buried under the carpet, but lets not let a few bad apples spoil a great sport, a great night out, and if you are lucky enough to own a dog, have the pride and tension of watching him/her run for you.
  • jenna21
    Options
    I would just like to say i have grown up within a family who has raced greyhounds for over 20 years and have never neglected or mistreated any of our greyhounds. My grandparents owed and trained main greyhounds and then my father did the same. They had proper kennels fully insulated, their own paddock and where fed, groomed and walked.
    Before every race all greyhounds are inspected and weighed as well as tested for any contraband drugs before they are allowed to race.
    For most of our greyhounds after their racing days were finished we would re home them with either families who replied to our ad's or through contacting the battersea dogs home to see if they had anyone looking for a greyhound.
    Greyhounds have their own individual personalities and and very affection creatures.
    When one of our greyhounds retired we kept her as a family pet inside our home.
    Many greyhound owners and trainers are persecuted due to the few trainers who do mistreat their dogs.
    Not all of us are like that and we do look after our animals. They are not just seen as racing machines but as animals.
    Since being brought up around greyhounds and greyhound racing i have never yet met a owner or trainer who has abused their animals.
  • northend
    Options
    Leaving this aside and to bring this to the top of the pile. The offer is on again. 1pmealdeal.com
  • TaBunny
    TaBunny Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's so annoying that my local track, Crayford isn't on the list
    :p
  • kuromi
    kuromi Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Any info on what the meal is? I'm guessing it's going to be fast food or something but has anyone been and can report back?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~starting Nov 2008~
    Competition wins:
    Earnings:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts