Ahhh messed up my stooze

I've been purchasing on the Halifax one card (0% for 15 months). Its due to end in 3 months but I've messed up and gone over my credit limit, by about a fiver! I'm so annoyed, it was sat in my purse and I grabbed it without thinking and too late! I'm not sure what my best plan of action will be. I'll get a £12 fee for this but I don't think my minimum payment will pay this off. It will pay the 0% purchases first. Should I just pay the card off in full at the end of this month? Whats my best options?

thanks

ps. I didn't really want to continue stoozing after this deal ended so no transfer suggestions please!
£2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019

Comments

• Send them £5 + £12 + (a little bit extra to show willing!)...NOW.

Ring them NOW (find an 0800 number from www.saynoto0870.com for their 24 hour 08457 283848 number) and let them know what you've done and what you're doing about it (ie, the payment you've sent).

Apologise profusely and ask them if you've lost (or will lose) your 0% rate. If they say no, then take a note of the CSA's name and record the date and time of the call.

Then continue stoozing as normal for the remaining 3 months.

If they are non-committal on the loss of 0% rate, then it's your decision as to whether you pay it off now or call customer loyalty on Monday.

Finally, a months interest (at 1.24%) will wipe out a large proportion of your stooz profit to date so act quickly.

Good luck.
  • Just to add, if you've gone over today (Saturday shopping :rolleyes:), the transaction may not appear for a couple of days...Monday at least, and possibly Tuesday.

If you have a Halifax current account, your corrective payment may even land on the credit card account before the purchase transaction is posted.

Like I said above, act quickly!
  • They weren't at all sympathetic when I went over and removed the 0% offer. Phone customer retentions and asked to cancel the card and they didn't even quibble, just said 'please cut up the card'. Guess they knew they weren't going to make any money from me...
  • Thankyou YorkshireBoy, I did as you said and managed to avoid a fee and losing my 0% rate!! I did have to go into a branch and pay some cash over as they couldn't do it over the phone, but well worth it! The person I spoke to also ensured me that if for any reason a fee or loss of my 0% happened he'd refund/reinstate it.

Its bizarre seeing on your account, online, that your credit available amount is a minus figure, yet not actually going over your limit because the payments haven't gone through yet. Still struggling to get my head round that one!!

thanks again.
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family