condensation on my cars back window??

Options
2»

Comments

• Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    You mean the rear mirror. ;)

If your main carpets are damp it might indicate a leak somewhere like doors or sunroof, and if it were me I'd remove them aswell (which might mean removing the seats).
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get this in my car quite a lot.

And guess what.....i have a slight leak in my boot. It was leaking in through the area around my rear light clusters so i used silicone sealant to seal it up. It was the ready made stuff in the spray can and worked a treat to stop the leak. It used to condense up a lot worse than it does now so it's just a case of searching in the boot for gaps around aerial mast e.t.c. to get rid completley

If your car is a few years old like mine then it is possible the seal around the rear window is starting to go or the rubbers around it are starting to perish slightly.

Autoglass or another company like this should be able to re-seal the window for a small fee if it really annoys you or use and adhesive around the rubber seal to fill in any gaps.

There are various problems for various cars why lead to rear windows steaming up in the way you describe. I'd have a look to see if there is a forum for your make and model of car and have a look to see if it is a common problem and how to sort it out.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, water leaks anywhere will cause this.
    Happy chappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport