condensation on my cars back window??

Yoshii
Yoshii Posts: 203
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
hi my cars back window is always misty on in the inside except when the weather is dry.i wipe off excess water then the next time i get into my car it has returned again.

is it the heating system blowing moist air back into the ventilation system.

help please .it is so annoying

thanks yoshii

Comments

• is this your first car?

just asking because as far as I can remember, all the cars i have been in had the same prroblem... so use the back window warmer or if you cant wait, wipe it yourself. Sorry but I dont know any other way...
    "Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
    It's only teenage wasteland"
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • thinks it's just dampness in the air unless you have a water leak in boot, quite common like madfenchgirl said, just use your rear screen demister
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    In this weather it's not surprising. Though you might have an underlying cause like damp carpets. remove your mats and dry them in front of the fire if not rubber ones & drive without mats for a bit, (assuming it's not raining) or just a small one for the driver. This will allow the air to get to your carpet, put the heater directed down to your feet to help with air circulation down there.
  • skiddy2k
    skiddy2k Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    hope you figure out what the problem is, otherwise you may find yourself needing a ice scrapper for the inside and outside of your car!

goodluck, Skiddy
  • Mr_Skint_2
    Mr_Skint_2 Posts: 5,183 Forumite
    Take out the offending glass at night, take in doors to keep
    warm and dry, then re-fit in the morning.....

HTH
  • Dont use your heating on recycle use the fresh air option - this helps.

Additionally - drive the last mile or two with the heating off and the window open about an inch.
    Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Snoochie Boochies
  • Have a look in car accessory stores for a product called Fog Shield: it stops condensation forming on internal glass also it can be used on mirrors in bathrooms to stop them steaming up.
  • Iguana
    Iguana Posts: 1,779
    Forumite
    I end up with a thin layer of my front windscreen, does anyone know why?
  • Try a little washing up liquid on it, once it has dried, you won't even know its there!

:)
    Women priests. Great. Now there's priests of both sexes I don't listen to - Bill Hicks.
  • Yoshii
    Yoshii Posts: 203
    Forumite
    thanks for all your replies . no it is not my first car , but i will try to get the carpets as dry as possible.

why would a leak in the boot mist up the back mirror?

thanks

yoshii
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family