My Excel mortgage spreadsheet

Options

Comments

• UncleSimit
    UncleSimit Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options

Is there any chance that you could share the password with me over PM (I'd like to add a couple of calcs so that I can do some goal seeks for the comparisons). No worries if you'd rather not - would just save me some time.

Thanks

Me too, if possible.

Cheers.
  • sKiTz-0
    sKiTz-0 Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    I could do with the password for this also - I've just moved to a new laptop and gone from Office 2003 (where this sheet worked perfectly) to LibreOffice. Which seems to have protected every single cell on the sheet. I am unable to edit anything.
    This is WAY more fun than monopoly.
  • yogurtspy
    Options
    Great tool, but I don't suppose there is an ODS version of the spreadsheet? I'm using Libre and all the editable cells are protected when using the xlsx version.
  • MoneyDummy
    Options
    Hi, just found this great spreadsheet but I cannot enter any figures in the yellow columns as suggested as they are password protected.
    I am using Excel 2000.
    Any help would be great as want to know the difference between lump sums & monthly overpayments.
    Thanks
  • Passcovery
    Options
    There's a risk of being gauntleted but all the same. It is stated in the article "Password protection in Excel. How to break it?" that in fact the document is not ptotected by a password - collision passwords set for Excel sheets can be found immediately by any password recovery program.
  • sKiTz-0
    sKiTz-0 Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    Has anybody managed to get this to work in Libre Office or anything similar? I don't want to pay for MS Office for the sake of one spreadsheet.

Cheers.

sKiTz
    This is WAY more fun than monopoly.
  • Mr_Black
    Mr_Black Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The sheet is great, but the cells are protected in Open Office. What's the password? It's useless without it for me.
  • Locoblade
    Locoblade Posts: 795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2015 at 12:30PM
    Options
    Jeez guys, read the front page of the spreadsheet, it's there to help!

The original spreadsheet WILL NOT WORK with anything other than relatively recent versions of Windows based Excel, and when I say "relatively" I'm taking anything from the last decade! :D.
    If you want to run or on Open Office, Libre Office or on a Mac, try downloading the "compatibility" version. It should work but I can't guarantee it, certainly you couldn't write it natively in something like Open Office so it just depends on how well it can convert/understand all the Excel functions.
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • Mr_Black
    Mr_Black Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It works just fine in OpenOffice its just that it asks for the password to unprotect the cells when I want to add adhoc payments in the yellow sections.
  • Locoblade
    Locoblade Posts: 795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes because you haven't got the compatibility version. There's no cell locking in the compatibility version because Open Office etc doesn't understand them properly, it just locks the entire sheet rather than individual cells :)
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback