12346»

Comments

• snogalicious
    snogalicious Posts: 217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    MyRubyRed wrote: »
    Aldi now have Wrinkle stop in store. Bought some yesterday at £5.99
    still waiting here in portsmouth to get it in !
  • BitterAndTwisted
    BitterAndTwisted Posts: 22,492 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't bought any toiletries in the last four years which haven't come from Lidl, except for my Head & Shoulders shampoo and I buy that when it's on special offer. Here are my findings:

Dentalux Herbal Toothpaste: I wouldn't swap this even if I could afford to.

Pool Pro-Vitamin Conditioner: excellent stuff and I only buy anything else if I can find Revlon Flex cheaper at the pound shop.

Foam facial cleanser in the pump dispenser: lovely stuff and cheap as chips.

Cien Anti-Wrinkle Cream: excellent stuff and when it was on special offer I bought 5 tubes of the old formulation which I'm nowhere near finishing yet.

Now that mention has been made of Aldi's cosmetics I might pop down there and investigate
  • stardrops42
    stardrops42 Posts: 857 Forumite
    Options
    Just started using Aldi wrinkle filler with collagen and love it!! I use it all over my face inc eye area and then use Aldi siena cream over the top and my skin looks lovely. Hubby even said my skin was glowing:D ahh bless him:o I was using Olay moisturiser and my skin was really dry but the Aldi creams made an immediate difference and left my skin so plumped up and soft:T
    Feb GC £80 per week (Well I'm gunna try:whistle:)
    Diet starts today(31/12/16)! Only 18lbs to lose:eek:

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose:D
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose:D
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose:D
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have used the Aldi creams quite a bit and I do think they are quite good. Last week I bought a pedicure foot gel from aldi and it smells bad but it does a good job. I used the lacura deodorant its good too. I use the facial cleansing wipes. I'm not impressed with the aldi lip gloss and the foundation is a bit too thick and not easy to spread. I bought two concealer sticks and they were both broke and would not push up. I like the nail polish though!

One the whole I think aldi skincare and cosmetics are good value for money - I think I'd like to see a fake tan in their range though
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • trodge
    trodge Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 June 2011 at 2:17PM
    Options
    Every now and again there appears a ("Cien" branded) body butter usually in a random section of the store. It's sold in a clear, plastic jar but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet. Anyway, it's easily one of the best I've ever bought (my girlfriend agrees so much that she's almost forgotten that her boyfriend's more interested in this than her...but there you go!) but for some reason they get these great things in and then stop stocking them for months on end. Does anyone out there know how I can buy this product online anywhere?
  • Griizelda
    Griizelda Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    trodge wrote: »
    Every now and again there appears a ("Cien" branded) body butter usually in a random section of the store. It's sold in a clear, plastic jar but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet. Anyway, it's easily one of the best I've ever bought (my girlfriend agrees so much that she's almost forgotten that her boyfriend's more interested in this than her...but there you go!) but for some reason they get these great things in and then stop stocking them for months on end. Does anyone out there know how I can buy this product online anywhere?

I think the ones you're thinking about are "specials" and appear once or twice a year. The best thing to do is to sign up to their emails, that way you'll know when they're on sale again and can stock up!
  • JohnR
    JohnR Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if Lidl have stopped doing the Cien Hand wash ? The one I'ev been using is Soap Free, but all the ones currently stocked contain soap, and my skin condition means I shouldnt use soap.
  • foreign_correspondent
    Options
    Has aldi stopped doing their eyeliner pencils? They used to come in a box with a sharpener, and had a sponge blender on the end of the pencil too - I loved the 'smoke' shade - went to the local aldi to try and get a new one last week, they had none in, and they aren't on the website either..
  • frugaliciousness
    Options
    Has aldi stopped doing their eyeliner pencils? They used to come in a box with a sharpener, and had a sponge blender on the end of the pencil too - I loved the 'smoke' shade - went to the local aldi to try and get a new one last week, they had none in, and they aren't on the website either..

I don't remember seeing any eyeliner pencils on the shelf in my Aldi and pretty sure if there was I would have picked it up as I need one and impressed with their foundation and pressed powder - actually and the lacura moisturisers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure