• MyRubyRed
    MyRubyRed Posts: 941 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi now have Wrinkle stop in store. Bought some yesterday at £5.99
  • windowshopper100
    windowshopper100 Posts: 759 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2009 at 3:21PM
    Options
    and after they've all run out Im only going to put vitamin E capsule oil onto my skin (and wont buy any more creams). At least I will be 100% sure what is being put on my skin. The amount of extra chemicals that go into creams is alarming.

I went through a stage of using capsule oils from nutritional supplements for reasons of moneysaving and perceived dodgy/unncessary ingredients.

I know now why what seem to be extraneous ingredients are put in these products - to help them rub in and so you can go out and your face doesn't act as a flypaper.:o

It's always good to experiment though.
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lacura waterproof mascara from Aldi is quite good - as good as number 17, I think.

The concealer brush/pen thing is good too - better than collection 2000 as it seems to be a bit thicker and stays on the skin better.
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I went through a stage of using capsule oils from nutritional supplements for reasons of moneysaving and perceived dodgy/unncessary ingredients.

I know now why what seem to be extraneous ingredients are put in these products - to help them rub in and so you can go out and your face doesn't act as a flypaper.:o

It's always good to experiment though.

Just don't try Omega 3 capsules as these are often fish oils and smell like it. (I know, I tried once!)
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • windowshopper100
    Options
    So, for me it was flies and for you it was cats!
  • lindsey_toffee_girl
    Options
    MyRubyRed wrote: »
    Aldi now have Wrinkle stop in store. Bought some yesterday at £5.99
    is it any good??
    Loves Vegas shopping and beauty products!
  • Rubytuesday_2
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions so far its really interesting to know which products people recommend.

I use the Aldi day cream and have done for about 12 months, I am in my twenties and have dry skin but also acne (which i have had for the past 12 years) and my acne has never been so good - i rarerly get any spots now! People have commented on how good my skin looks as well.

My best friend recently saw a consulatant at a well known cosmetic surgery clinic and asked my friend which moisturiser she used, my friend was too embarrassed to say the Aldi one so lied but the doctor suggested the Aldi one as the one she used and said she recommended it to all her clients!:D
  • MyRubyRed
    Options
    is it any good??

Lindsey toffee girl - I can't say that I have noticed any massive difference but Ive only been using it for a week so I am going to bear with it. I'm 52 and whilst my skin is quite good I have brow furrows (caused by stress I say!), and the enevitable crows feet.
    My mum bought some too, she is 75 coming up God Bless her and we are comparing notes daily, though her expectation of benefit is somewhat less than mine.
    I did expect some immediate feeling of tightness or tingling, though I don't know why! Its in a sort of pen like applicator and you are supposed to target the lined areas.
    Checked the ingredients out against the one selling in Selfridges at £60 and the active ingredients seem identical so I'm optomistic
    I'll report back on a regular basis but for the price its worth trying it out I think. :o
  • lindsey_toffee_girl
    Options
    MyRubyRed wrote: »
    Lindsey toffee girl - I can't say that I have noticed any massive difference but Ive only been using it for a week so I am going to bear with it. I'm 52 and whilst my skin is quite good I have brow furrows (caused by stress I say!), and the enevitable crows feet.
    My mum bought some too, she is 75 coming up God Bless her and we are comparing notes daily, though her expectation of benefit is somewhat less than mine.
    I did expect some immediate feeling of tightness or tingling, though I don't know why! Its in a sort of pen like applicator and you are supposed to target the lined areas.
    Checked the ingredients out against the one selling in Selfridges at £60 and the active ingredients seem identical so I'm optomistic
    I'll report back on a regular basis but for the price its worth trying it out I think. :o
    Please do I was going ot buy some yesterday and forgot to do so!
    I am a beauty junkie I cant help myself x
    Loves Vegas shopping and beauty products!
  • MyRubyRed
    Options
    Well, have used the Aldi product religiously....no difference at all noted!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure