The great Lidl/Aldi beauty hunt....

Options

Comments

• Gunna
    Gunna Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya Everyone

Excellent thread i have enjoyed reading about the products. I was wondering how good Aldi's make-up line was for a while now lol have pondered many times whether to buy some mascara/foundation or not.....

With regards to handwashes i find Tesco cheaper and better, especially their antibacterial ones, the refills are good value and last ages and now they have brought out like Asda the moisturising one which is fab leaves my hands like silk. I don't buy Carex unless it is on a real good offer as Tesco's is much better value.

Tesco's value make-up is brill their shimmer powders are ace best i have used and are only £1.99 each or 3 for a fiver.
    Am gonna try some concealer but i noticed they started to do wet n wild make up at a cheap price so will have to try that.:rotfl:

I have noticed quite a few things cheaper in my Tesco than my Aldi !!
  • batesey23
    Options
    Really useful thread!

Most of the toilettries we use in our house are from Aldi. One of our favourites is their Lancura shower gel. You can get a number of different fragrances but my favourite is the Macadamia nut. It is really creamy and gives lots of soft foam. I think it was about 89p! Bargain!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    This is SPOOKY!!:D On Saturday I was chatting to a lady (late 60s) and her skin looked fab. It seemed to have a lovely healthy glow to it and was flawless. She loked better than I'd seen her for years! I asked her if she'd been for a facial and she laughed and said "I bought some stuff from Lidl a few weeks ago and I've been using that."

Naturally I went and bought some myself ;) asap and its in a black tube called Iseree Intensive Anti Wrinkle Cream it was only £2 something.

Just checked the contents and it does have Retinyl Palmitate - as someone asked earlier.

DH now has a tube, its too stingy on my sensitive face :(
  • lindsey_toffee_girl
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    This is SPOOKY!!:D On Saturday I was chatting to a lady (late 60s) and her skin looked fab. It seemed to have a lovely healthy glow to it and was flawless. She loked better than I'd seen her for years! I asked her if she'd been for a facial and she laughed and said "I bought some stuff from Lidl a few weeks ago and I've been using that."

Naturally I went and bought some myself ;) asap and its in a black tube called Iseree Intensive Anti Wrinkle Cream it was only £2 something.

Just checked the contents and it does have Retinyl Palmitate - as someone asked earlier.
    I want some!
    I cannot wait to try it though I am being good at the moment got to many QVC brands to get through first but as soon as I am near a Lidl I will be in there like a shot!

I also tried the day and night cream from Aldi both were really good though half way through the jars smashed together in my beauty bag :o
    Loves Vegas shopping and beauty products!
  • maz_student
    maz_student Posts: 102 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2009 at 9:03PM
    Options
    I have this theory about skin...
    Personally, I think that it doesnt matter what you put on your skin (within reason). Just make sure that some kind of cream has gone on it every morning and evening (and remember to rub to increase blood flow). I think that skin ages faster if its dehydrated, so make sure to rub some kind of cream into it morning and evening. Well, thats what I do anyway. Ive also stopped buying creams. Im going to make do with what I have and after they've all run out Im only going to put vitamin E capsule oil onto my skin (and wont buy any more creams). At least I will be 100% sure what is being put on my skin. The amount of extra chemicals that go into creams is alarming.
    harryharp wrote: »
    Great idea for a thread!

Don't forget the Aldi Siana moisturisers which have been praised so many times on this site- they really are excellent.

Re. the Lidl Mango deodorant- I have some of this. I like the smell, but I'd recommend holding your breath when you put it on as it doesn't half make you gag if you breathe it in.
  • maz_student
    maz_student Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    treliac wrote: »
    That's a real blow. It was lovely stuff and cheap enough to use on feet, elbows etc. etc. - anywhere in fact ;)

Do you think that if enough of us complained, Lidl might be able to get the original manufacturer back ? frown.gif

I shall have to check the ingredients of the new one. AFAIK the retinol / retinyl palmitate (vitamin A) is one of the most important ingredients.
    Maybe start an online petition or something? Not sure how you do those things
  • madkitty
    madkitty Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone seen the new Lacura wrinkle stop in their Aldi yet?
  • snogalicious
    Options
    madkitty wrote: »
    has anyone seen the new Lacura wrinkle stop in their Aldi yet?
    live in portsmouth and so far they havent got it i thought it was coming in 15th but no joy! desparately want 2 try it b4 nxt wkd as i will b 50 and need some help!!!!;)
  • HH62
    HH62 Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've changed my opinion on the Aldi mascara. I don't know if they've changed the formula, but I've used it for a while now all ok. However, the last tube I bought is smudging like mad all underneath my eye. Even after I've only been wearing it for a couple of hours I look like a panda. Back to Max Factor at £8.99 a tube.... Grrr.
  • beautyscientist
    Options
    I have this theory about skin...
    Personally, I think that it doesnt matter what you put on your skin (within reason). Just make sure that some kind of cream has gone on it every morning and evening (and remember to rub to increase blood flow). I think that skin ages faster if its dehydrated, so make sure to rub some kind of cream into it morning and evening.

Well I must have read well over 500 hundred scientific papers on the skin and its structure, and I have to say that this is a pretty good summary of what I think too. I could have saved a lot of time as well as my employers' money by coming on here...

Seriously, I think this basically good advice though I am not sure that the increased blood flow from rubbing would be beneficial on the thin skin around the eyes where the capillaries often rupture to produce those dark circles you see on some people. Other than that, spot on.
    Student of the science of beauty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport