Paying for a holiday by Debit Card, I'm confused

Options
13»

Comments

• jonah77
    Options
    hi there i am new to this site and i have a question regarding payment and what we are covered for regarding our holiday

my fiancee is the lead name on the holiday and myself and our kids are going to make up the party (4 total)

my question is we want to use my credit card to pay the balance off but can we do this as my fiancee is the lead name on the holiday not me????

and how easy is it to change the lead name to me or is there a charge and how much would it cost???

thanks alot
  • hoxtonbabe
    Options
    I've paid for a holiday where my partner has been the lead and vice versa, my last trip in April my partner paid on his card and he wasn't even with us on the trip, the company in question only did this though because the card I originally planned to used didn't go through yet they had a hold on on the money there were only 4 seats left and had to do ASAP so they said partner can pay, but I have never had a problem with myself or partner paying Form our cards if both names are on the booking, but I am sure someone more knowledgable will chime in soon to clarify. ;)
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive had holidays booked in one persons name and used the card of another, you should be able to do this. The only thing Ive ever seen mentioned is a few airlines say that they may ask for the credit card to be shown when checking in - which wouldnt be a problem for you , and Ive never been asked for it anyway.
  • hoxtonbabe
    hoxtonbabe Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    claire16c wrote: »
    Ive had holidays booked in one persons name and used the card of another, you should be able to do this. The only thing Ive ever seen mentioned is a few airlines say that they may ask for the credit card to be shown when checking in - which wouldnt be a problem for you , and Ive never been asked for it anyway.

This^^

A few airlines do this i remember this with qatar airways and just got allowed by the skin of my teeth as I left the card at home but had online banking that I logged into so they could see the transaction and get a copy.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Paying isn't the problem - or not the main one, which is that you may lose the credit card protection if you are booking for someone else.
  • seabstien
    Options
    Totally confused should be my middle name:D

Just a few questions because I am travelling on my own...my brother paid for everything with his Visa Credit Card and I paid him on previous hoildays...he is putting doubts in my poor brain...:mad:

I have just paid for a Florida Flight with my RBS Visa Debit Card... is the protection the same as a Visa Credit Card???

I need to pay a deposit for my villa...I was going to send a cheque...

I will be using my RBS Visa Debit Card for my car hire...

Spending money...do I take a mix of $$$ cash..travellers cheque's and use my RBS Debit Card???

I don't have a Visa Credit...so does it really matter:cool:

Very grateful for any advice...

Irenex
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills