We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

British Gas Kitchen Appliance Care

Options
Hi,

I have my washer-dryer covered by British Gas' home appliance breakdown contract. It broke down over a month ago and I called them to get it fixed. They sent an engineer out two days later who said it needed a new part. He ordered it and booked an appointment for the following Monday - ok so far. I called BG on that Monday to find out when engineer would be coming only for them to tell me that the wrong part had come in. Since then I have been given 3 more appointments and each time I have phoned them on the day to check that the engineer will be coming, and the part hasn't been in stock (despite them telling me prior to each appointment that it was!). I have now got another appointment for Monday but I can just see the same thing happening again!!

I have made numerous calls to them, and am politely fobbed off every time. I ask to speak to a manager and I am promised they will call me back but they never do! On Monday I wrote to their complaints department via their website and haven't even had an acknowledgement! I have been polite to everyone I've spoken to and it is getting me absolutely nowhere!!! I'm sure that if I was the sort of person who shouted and swore at them it would have been sorted long ago. Speaking to them is now reducing me to tears of frustration.

Please can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I can actually get an individual to take responsibility for the problem. I never get to speak to the same person twice and they just don't seem to care. They are all very polite but absolutely useless!!

Also, any suggestions as to who I can write to complain about all this? Whether or not my machine is fixed on Monday I am absolutely disgusted by their "service" and want to write to someone high up. I have never written to complain about anything before but this has wound me up so much!!!! I will be cancelling my contract with them as soon as this is sorted, I just want to make sure they fix my machine first!

Thanks for any suggestions :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family