Broadband Big Problems

Options
Hi,

About 2 months ago we had 2 phone lines one broadband and one normal phone line, we decided to transfer the non broadband number to the broadband number. Since then our broadband did not work, we were told by AOL that we needed to use there home movers scheme to transfer the number which we did, for the past 2 months they have been telling us that there is a signal although no broadband at all or signal down the line.

As our contract was coming to an end it seemed a good idea to cancel broadband altogether and then go with another provider. Our new provider f2s (very good) has done line checks and have told us AOL is still running a signal down the line. Contacting AOL is useless as they do NOT deal with support enquiries very well and have told us the cease date was the 31st of October but as of yesterday there was still a signal!

In fact AOL said on the phone 'why are you phoning us? as you have cancelled AOL', they can not provide a MAC Code either as it has been cancelled.

Please help, we have filed a complaint with OFCOM, is there anything else we can do as BT wholesale do not deal directly with customers. Dial up is very poor since I have been using broadband for 5 years+.

Many Thanks
dp

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comments

• cabrioman
    Options
    hi, get rid of aol and go with plusnet. £14.99 a month for 2mg. they are excellent.
  • srak
    srak Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    cabrioman wrote:
    hi, get rid of aol and go with plusnet. £14.99 a month for 2mg. they are excellent.

I think not! Plusnet are losing members daily. They are VERY unpopular.
    Have a look at https://www.adslguide.org
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    dennyp, I'm not sure I understand your post so perhaps it is that AOL is not understanding or f2s?

Do you still have two actual physical phone lines as I don't understand why you would call one line broadband and one line normal phone line? Do you pay your line rental to BT? If so and you aren't getting a service you are paying for phone them up to see.

I understand where you are coming from regarding BT wholesale, I think, in that they will deal direct with putting the broadband on a line with the company supplying it, who is paying for the connection? does someone have to pay for a transfer, migrate? f2s?

Perhaps if we could sort out where the problems lie someone might be able to help, hope I haven't confused the issue further icon11.gif
  • dennyp_3
    Options
    sorry, I will try again.

I have no problems with f2s I have used them previously and are very good.

The problem I have is I had 2 phone lines and now I just have the one, since doing this broadband has not worked. AOL kept saying there was a signal although nothing when I plugged the router in. I then decided to cancel it totally in hope that I could get broadband with another company, although apparently there is still a signal and I can't go with another company now. I have phoned AOL to check that it has been cancelled although all they say is yes its been cancelled so at the moment I have no broadband and no company can set me up with broadband.

When I said broadband line I meant the phone line which had broadband on it originally this was a seperate line for dial up (before broadband). So we transferred our non broadband line number to our broadband phone line, since then it hasn't worked!

There is a signal but no one can cancel it off!

Thanks
    dp

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    How about phoning BT and seeing if you can transfer your number back to the original line and then asking f2s to supply you with broadband on that line?

I too had two lines when I had dial up and gave up the second line when going on to bb and obviously all the "kit" is still there for BT to reconnect the line.

I haven't migrated myself but people talk about needing a code from one ISP to give to next one, someone please correct me if this is wrong with AOL, so I can only surmise that this is part of the problem?

icon7.gif
  • dennyp_3
    Options
    A MAC code is needed if transferring, but adsl wasn't even working before, the changing lines idea is good but depends on how easily this is done.

thanks for your help missy

Thanks
    dp

• dennyp_3
    Options
    cabrioman wrote:

that is what I am trying to do get rid of them off my line!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure