Please help! Peugeot 307 HDi 'Anti Pollution Fault'

Options

Comments

• owen.1989
    Options
    i have the same issue just bought a 02 plate pug 307 hdi dturbo 110 to find out the anti pollution fault light flashes up on start up every time ,but reading throught car history the car has had the fap filter removed frm exhaust and ecu reformated etc so i went and got the car put on the diagnostics to find out i have four error codes

P0380 pre-heating relay circuit
    p1421 un documented code but found it could be catalyst damage/ temperature sensor on exhaust
    p0246 turbo pressure
    p0100 flow sensor signal

also the car has no power to drive asin theres no turbo working and eats diesel very gurd it does rev over 3000rpm but if taken for a thrash the esp/asr light flashes up on the dash that then limits car to 3000rpm

now debating on what to carry out next on the car or does any one on this forum have any advised
    im from middlesbrough area north east of england any one know a decent garage that could solve this problem
  • owen.1989
    Options
    took car to garage and he reset all the coeds on diagnostic and said the MAF filter needs changing as fault popped back up so went home and changed for new one to find out it never made a difference the light anti pollution doesnt pop up on start up now but car still is lyk driving a flat diesel van and still no turbo winding or pressure i would say

heard their is a common fault with a turbo solenoid on the 307 hdi 110?
  • candyflos
    Options
    Hi, can anyone help, my car sometimes comes up with Anti polution warning as well, been to so many garages i've lost count, one code keeps coming back it's p1505
    i got this car 8 weeks ago so don't have a clue on it's background, the last garage I took it to say it might be the fap filter but I don't think my car as one??????? he also took a part of my car fiddled with it to stop the air going towards the exhaust, car work grand the rest of that day, following morning back to normal trouble starting when it finally kicked in beep anti polution fault, oh and twice it's just cut out while I was driving but I was lucky enough to pull over start the car again and guess what anti polution warning without causing a accident, it's getting really embrassing getting diesel has I sometime strungle to start the car again after doing so.
  • shonnie
    Options
    I always put a tin of wurth or any other diesel additive in to the tank and drive it hard will make a lot of smoke but it helps burn out all the soot that can clock up the cats, egr valve, and these tins are only £5 on avarage and well worth a try first .
  • DELBOY2012
    Options
    Hi all please save ur self yime and money dont attempt to clean ur pdf it dosent work ive a 307 sw 110 ive had probs with mine but found the best way to solve the problem with them take pdf off make a inch and half hole straight though the middle put back on car the light will still be on and u still have unblock filter come up disconnect battery for 10/20 minutes reconnect turn key on n off a few times then start car u may have just the ant fault come up but the power will be there then take it for a blast on motorway most of us run our car on lest fuel thats what blocks it up cos less fuel it cant regen but with the hole in middle it wont need to regen cos it never get blocked again it still pass mot please if ur going to try make sure the hole no bigger than a inch and half other wise it wont work happy motoring all good luck
  • DELBOY2012
    Options
    Hi all please save ur self time and money dont attempt to clean ur pdf it dosent work ive a 307 sw 110 ive had probs with mine but found the best way to solve the problem with them take pdf off make a inch and half hole straight though the middle put back on car the light will still be on and u still have unblock filter come up disconnect battery for 10/20 minutes reconnect turn key on n off a few times then start car u may have just the ant fault come up but the power will be there then take it for a blast on motorway most of us run our car on lest fuel thats what blocks it up cos less fuel it cant regen but with the hole in middle it wont need to regen cos it never get blocked again it still pass mot please if ur going to try make sure the hole no bigger than a inch and half other wise it wont work happy motoring all good luck
  • mugabe
    Options
    JDMYOFAN wrote: »
    Well I've done some research on the net and I'm really worried.

I'm currently using the missus' car as my other French car is being repaired. She drives a 2004 2.0 Peugeot 307 HDi (90hp version)

The car is used 95% on the motorway and always filled up to the brim and run down until the light comes on. Also due a service in the next 2000 miles.

On the way to work today, the engine went lumpy and the car juddered. I pulled over and the engine management light came on, also an error then appeared as 'Anti Pollution Fault'.

So called out RAC who wired it up to the laptop 'no error found'. Great. He drove it to the nearest garage with a good computer, which also returned 'no fault found'.

Now having looked on the net, this is due to the filter which injects some solvent in with the exhaust fumes to clean the air. This needs changing at 50k supposedly, and this car has just hit 60k.

So a new filter from peugeot is around £600 (+vat and labour). plus 5 litres of the fluid (£30 a litre) and supposedly only peugeot can help.

We're up to our head with it now, both cars being garaged, this one for what seems like the MOST ridiculous of reason. The reason the car's running lumpy is because it is in LIMP mode, so there's not actually any damage.

Trying to think of the best way out of this which won't cause us to be paying of credit cards for the next 10 years.

Hello please am having the same problem and i just want to find out if you were able to solve yours and what was the problem?
    Have been to mechanic today and he told me it the Air Fliter,changed it immediately with no luck,the Engine light is on, Please any help i will appreciate.
    Thank you
  • Witzend
    Options
    Hi all, we have a peugeot307HDI 1.6 diesel on a 56 plate.
    The problem we have is that whilst driving along the car will suddenly jerk for no apparent reason...and when I say jerk....sometimes it is more like the engine has cut out or the brakes applied hard for just a split second! then it will run as normal?? There is no loss of power....no warning lights.....no 'pollution' messages etc.....and when we have taken it repeatedly to the garage there is never any fault shown on their computer. I'm sure the mechanics think we are making it up, and it's driving us crazy!! We fill the tank and then run it until the light comes on, it is serviced regularly, has only done 73,000 miles, I am a careful and steady driver etc. etc. The fault is intermittent and happens totally at random, sometimes weeks apart, and then sometime 5 or 6 times in the same day!

Any ideas please??
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    Start a new thread.

No point resurrecting one that started on 2008
  • Amanda1982
    Options
    Hi, I have a peugeot 207 sw. Last week the anti pollution message came on plus the engine light. Took it into the garage and they put a solution into the tank which is meant to clear the filter. This didn't work and the message still on plus engine light. Next I suffered a loss of power. No turbo action at all but no smoke? Took it back and they said it was the egr valve. They then said it was fixed. Next day same thing happens again so now they say they are going to clean the valve and put more solution in. Is this right? Can anyone help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure