Please help! Peugeot 307 HDi 'Anti Pollution Fault'

Options

Comments

• dynades
    Options
    was that a 2.0 diesel or 2.0 petrol ?
  • dynades
    Options
    would you say it was an oxygen sensor then ?
  • dynades
    Options
    hi,i have a 307 2.0 hdi 90 with anti pollution fault and the car intermittently goes in to limp mode, as the 90 does`nt have a particle filter could any one tell me how to cure the fault ?.
  • brownie4583
    Options
    I have a Citroen C5 2.0 auto 03 model.Around 5 years ago i got the 'anti pollution fault' message and the car went into get home mode(10 M.P.H max).
    On restarting it cleared,i had it checked out on the computer,and the garage said it was just a blip.
    Every so often,maybe 2 or 3 times a year the same error message appears but it doesn't affect the performance and it disappears after restarting a couple of times!
    Money does not bring happiness...but if you are already happy it does bloody help! :rotfl:
  • esaar
    Options
    I have the Citroen C5 2.0 HDI

I had some of the symptom that described above and I found a small vacuum hose to be cracked and lost the vacuum functionality, it was the one that goes to the waste-gate of the Turbo, I replaced it and the car goes like a dream.
    If your car smokes a lot when you rev it up when it parked and/or you do not hear the turbo whistle at about 1500 rpm, that may be the cause to your problem..

I have also cleaned the intake manifold from all the sludge that accumulate in it that added some improvement however the vacuum was the major kick
  • cobras216
    Options
    Hi,Just want to ADD regarding Fluid for Cat,,We used Virgin Cooking Oil as the Fluid When my 307 SW had this Fault.That was 2yrs ago Now and Still Running as sweet as a nut,and Passed 2 MOTs,
  • boowild6577
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am writting to just put some feed back in, as i was researching for answers to this problem.

I am a girl with no great car knowledge so bear with me.

For the last four weeks my 2.0 hdi has been sluggish, bad mpg, and then last week been in limp mode where it will not rev past 2600.
    I too have engine management light on and have anti-pollution fault - un block diesel filter on the dash.
    The car was embrassing to drive and quite dangerous and it has no power at all.
    It went to the garage and came up with all faults surrounding what i described above , engineer went on phone to peugeot for a quote to fit a new dpf filter and treatment, £850 all in!!!!
    There just no way I could afford that just after christmas so I walked away.

Then a friend who was a mechanic described how these engines run, there is agreat description on page two of this forum. He basically said if you just drive around town your filter gets clogged up quicker than say if you drive at higher speeds. say on the motorway.

So how do fix it?

I was instructed to drive in third gear for over five minutes, over 50 mph. He said it will burn all the clogged up stuff and come clear. I was like ok hmm but had nothing to lose.

So i drove in 3 rd , 50 mph , 2600 revs, for 10 mins, after this i felt a sudden intake of air but still sluggish, the car did it 3 times. Called at garage filled it with shell v power advance, then to my
    disbelief it drove as normal.

The management light still flickers on and off but he said it will for a while. Adviced me to once a week drive it for 5/10 mins keeping a low gear/high revs and this will help keep that filter clear!

I really hope someone with this problem sees this and it helps them. People are too quick to advice unplug this, do that when it is quite simple to cure and manage.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am writting to just put some feed back in, as i was researching for answers to this problem.

I am a girl with no great car knowledge so bear with me.

For the last four weeks my 2.0 hdi has been sluggish, bad mpg, and then last week been in limp mode where it will not rev past 2600.
    I too have engine management light on and have anti-pollution fault - un block diesel filter on the dash.
    The car was embrassing to drive and quite dangerous and it has no power at all.
    It went to the garage and came up with all faults surrounding what i described above , engineer went on phone to peugeot for a quote to fit a new dpf filter and treatment, £850 all in!!!!
    There just no way I could afford that just after christmas so I walked away.

Then a friend who was a mechanic described how these engines run, there is agreat description on page two of this forum. He basically said if you just drive around town your filter gets clogged up quicker than say if you drive at higher speeds. say on the motorway.

So how do fix it?

I was instructed to drive in third gear for over five minutes, over 50 mph. He said it will burn all the clogged up stuff and come clear. I was like ok hmm but had nothing to lose.

So i drove in 3 rd , 50 mph , 2600 revs, for 10 mins, after this i felt a sudden intake of air but still sluggish, the car did it 3 times. Called at garage filled it with shell v power advance, then to my
    disbelief it drove as normal.

The management light still flickers on and off but he said it will for a while. Adviced me to once a week drive it for 5/10 mins keeping a low gear/high revs and this will help keep that filter clear!

I really hope someone with this problem sees this and it helps them. People are too quick to advice unplug this, do that when it is quite simple to cure and manage.

works for some but not all, the DPF may become so clogged it cant regenerate a burn of soot, resulting in £4-600 bill for replacement. simplest thing to do would be to remove the DPF and have the ECU reprogrammed to stop the EML flashing up as theres a majour DPF problem because there isnt one!.
  • evo2lady
    Options
    i have a '02 plate pug 307 estate 2ltr HDI 110bhp and tonight the anti-pollution fault came up on the dashboard - recently had a basic service and just clocking 98k so abit concerned about this now, just hoping its probably a clogged up fuel filter....
  • Round1s
    Options
    Hello,

Please don't panic when this comes up on the 307. Also dont panic when you read forum messages about it likely to be part of the Cat Convertor and it's likely to cost you £700 at a Peugeot Dealer. Its plain and simple. If you get the error, find a local car mechanic, nothing too big, give them a call, tell them that they have been recommended to you (always goes down well) and that you have the error. Most of the time they will say bring it in and they will stick the computer on it. (Take it to a Peugeot Dealer they are likely to charge you £150 to put it on the computer.) The local car mechanic is likely to do it for free. Once it's been on the computer only then will you find out the true error.

The last time I got this error on my 307 the fault was due to the spark plugs needed changing. A grand total bill of £30 !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure