PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th September 2008

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Toots they were nice warm on vanilla ice cream, you're welcome to share.

I've set the washer, set the DW, put the soup, blackberries and cooked meat in the fridge. Just didn't get the sewing done.

Right off to bed now - surprisingly not tired so will do a sudoka if I don't go now we will be late for school.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,916
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Oh yes you do ............you will be fine when you get started23_5_133.gif
    toots xx

Or you will get this Buttkick.gif

No I really don't I was bullied into it by my mother because I am too stupid to say no effoff. I have been doing the same one for 6 years (dressmaking and tailoring) and am bored witless of it now.. and I am so flipping busy it is unreal.. but it is only 10 weeks and I won't be enrolling again.. I do have to thank the tutor for the fabulous reference she sent to the college re the other course though... talk about praises being sung, I am positively a divine being!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen wrote: »
    No I really don't I was bullied into it by my mother because I am too stupid to say no effoff. I have been doing the same one for 6 years (dressmaking and tailoring) and am bored witless of it now.. and I am so flipping busy it is unreal.. but it is only 10 weeks and I won't be enrolling again.. I do have to thank the tutor for the fabulous reference she sent to the college re the other course though... talk about praises being sung, I am positively a divine being!

Oh sorry pigpen I misunderstood - i thought tuesday was your new stuff! I envy you being able to dressmake and tailoring that must be helpful with your brood - I used to make some clothes centuries ago but maybe once I get things straightened out in here I might try again - at least i knwo who to ask when i get stuck!!!
    But we could have told them that you were of superior form - we already know that!!!
    seriously thats brilliant that she gave you a good ref - but she would have only done it if it were true!
    (unless of course you paid her or threatened her!!!!)

toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• found you all... you can't hide from me!! *gives a sinister laugh*

was wondering if anyone fancied a little extra "mini" challenge this week as i could do with a kick up the rear! Ive been putting off cleaning my cooker/oven for *mumbles* [strike]months[/strike] years now and i really must do it before it catches fire!!! :rotfl: If anyone else has been putting this job off and wants to join me @ a specific time to just get on with it ...let me now

bottoms up (yeah to cheapo plonko from asda)

only another 20 mins and OH home!!

Mrs B x
    :rotfl:If you have made someone laugh today... check your skirt isn't tucked into your knickers!!!:rotfl:
    Mrs B you're a legend.
  • Toots they were nice warm on vanilla ice cream, you're welcome to share.
    Thanks dusty - you are making me drool!!!!drool.gif

toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• pigpen wrote: »

1. HHI (did someone mention they needed one?)

nooooooooooooo please please nooooooooooooo

oh darnnit... i did resolve id start ironing this week but seriously... MONDAY???? now that hurts:rotfl: :rotfl:
    :rotfl:If you have made someone laugh today... check your skirt isn't tucked into your knickers!!!:rotfl:
    Mrs B you're a legend.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I have streaky hair :o:rotfl: I decided to put a "dark mahogany" semi-perm colour on it as it was so many different shades : bottom 4" dark brown (nearly black), next 4" dark blonde and about 1" or more of ash blonde which looks more grey than blonde:rolleyes: Well its now mostly mahogany, but the root area has a distinctly more purple tone to it than the rest and the rest is various shades (only not as obvious) as well even though I applied the full bottle of colouring and left it for the maximum time :rotfl: Oh well I don't care anymore :p

Right into bed otherwise I'll never be up on time! :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pigpen wrote: »
    Well.. I need to finish finding uniforms.. throw the stuff in the dryers and reload the WM's.. Tomorrows list is going to be a whopper... but with some exciting stuff on there.. and I have an idea for you lot for Tuesday.... I need to do it.. so you do too.. but I might have forgotten by then.. or done it already... we'll see.

And now I feel like a kid waiting for it, no fair-Im not sure if I hear my mother saying "if you close your eyes and go to sleep before you know it we'll be on our way to the sea" or if I hear her saying "just you wait until your father gets home"
  • pigpen
    Forumite
    nooooooooooooo please please nooooooooooooo

oh darnnit... i did resolve id start ironing this week but seriously... MONDAY???? now that hurts:rotfl: :rotfl:

we strike while the iron is hot... pun seriously intended!!
  • pigpen
    Forumite
    Well, TD airing off the 4 loads from the line earlier.. just waiting for the last lot to finish then I can go to my nest.. after reloading it and reloading the WM.. I am down the 5 baskets of laundry now.. though I know I have at least 2 loads more on my bedroom floor and one in the bathroom. I have also emptied the kitchen bin, folded 4 loads of washing, fed the moggies, loaded the DW, sorted how much money I need to take from which account for the sofa delivery tomorrow and...... found a few bits to charity shop/recycle.

The burn on my thumb is now a blister the size of a 20p.. and it KILLS!!

The crazy kitten has been in the dryer, in the rabbit cage, killed hubby and a piece of wool, pee'd NEXT TO the litter tray.. which has nothing in it and she is now killing her own feet and tail... she is loopy.. and getting worse!!

My big daft black thing hates her and .. oops.. she fell off the chair.. and she fits in this nut house quite well really!! Why does she come to life at midnight though?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts