Need a good garage in Cardiff?

Options
2»

Comments

• Nadiniho
    Options
    Capital393 wrote: »
    Try Fairwater Garage, Opposite Police Station In Norbury Rd.
    Have Always Been Very Sceptical Of Garages. Always Seem To Rip You Off!!! Been There A Few Times In Past 12 Months With My Van & Car. Excellent Service All Round.

I have to agree, been taking my car there for 3 years and they're brilliant.
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    we use AA tyres and exhausts on the retail estate behind hadfield road. they cant do absolutely everything car wise, but they excel at the services they do offer and they are also our first port of call.

competitively priced, honest, and with great customer service to boot :j
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • The_Green_Gobbling
    Options
    For those outside Cardiff I can really recommend M B Motors in Pontyclun - at the traffic lights heading out of Pontyclun near the Ivor Arms.

I have a thing about being robbed blind by anyone where I'm clueless on a subject and I loathe the way some garages talk down to you because you're female. They never have bless them and their prices are good - even sourcing 2nd hand parts for my old banger if needed and doing the odd small job without charge.
  • tracey_eliz
    Options
    Fairwater garage repaired my cars oil leak at a cost of £560. The repair lasted 8 weeks before it started leaking again. They were not apologetic and even tried to place the blame on me before admitting that the leak was due to a substandard part that they had fitted. Also unhappy about several other things to do with the so called repair. I would suggest avoiding this garage.
  • lolly_896
    lolly_896 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Options
    J and P Auto's Penarth Rd, Cardiff

Always very helpful and ive never had any trouble :) x
    DFW Nerd #awaiting number - Proud to be dealing with my debts!

Dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Sealed Pot Challenge #781
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lewis Motors - bottom of City Road. Run by an ex Vauxhall staff college tutor. I'm happy to recommend them to anyone (and NO _ they are NOT family!!!)
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Another vote for whitchurch MOT, James & co have gone out of their way to help me in the past! Would recomend them to anyone!
  • TJ27
    TJ27 Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to cast a vote for Whitchurch MOT as well. My dad was an engineer himself for many years and always took his car there if he couldn't be bothered to do it himself.

Myself, I've used main dealers on occasions and found them to be rubbish. I once spent 23 grand on a Land Rover Defender from Merlin. I took it back there for a service six months later. When I picked it up they informed me that they'd sorted out a problem with the anti lock mechanism on the brakes. They tried to charge me for it too, until I informed them that my vehicle didn't actually have anti lock brakes!

(These days I find cars to be more trouble than they're worth, which is one reason why I now don't have one and use my bike instead.)
  • DomTom
    DomTom Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for ur recommendations everyone, need to take my car for a service soon so i'll most likely go to whitchurch MOT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure