We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Compers Inn - Part 6

1…237238240242243…424

Comments

  • Splodz wrote: »
    Mmmm chocolate.

    Trying to be good. Need to lose a stone and want to do it before April (Florida holiday!). This morning I've eaten a yoghurt and a nutrigrain bar. So hungry.


    good luck Splodz. If I want to lose a bit of weight I make sure I have raw carrots peeled & in the fridge, along with sticks of celery so that if I get the munchies I just eat those.
    The Rock Chick, she say 'courtesy costs nowt' - spread the word! :D
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Splodz try freezing grapes, then u just suck on them like a boiled sweet xxxx i do it when i get munchies xx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Splodz
    Splodz Posts: 7,073
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good idea rcb. I should bring a load to work too to stop me snacking on bad things (there is a canteen selling yummy things on the ground floor!).

    Trying to up my water in take too - just keep having to go to the loo! How long before my body gets used to it?!!
    Life is all about the journey.
  • Splodz
    Splodz Posts: 7,073
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Toniq that's a fab idea... gonna def try that one!
    Life is all about the journey.
  • chocolate is my biggest weakness so my cupboards always have weight watchers choc chip cookies & options mocha drinks for when I'm tempted
  • Splodz
    Splodz Posts: 7,073
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    EVERYTHING seems to be my weakness. At the start of the year I knew I needed to lose about half a stone to get back in the 'normal' zone. But things haven't done quite to plan and it's now a stone. My appetite is huge! I've tried all year to be good, eat healthy and do loads of exercise. It lasts a week or two at a time and then I give up. Only 2 weeks to go until my dissertation deadline and then I'll have more time for exercise, but it's no excuse for the amount of food that's passing my lips! I know I shouldn't moan - I'm not massive or anything, just a bit overweight so my clothes are really uncomfortable.

    I need to think healthy thoughts... :):):)

    FruitVeg.jpg
    Life is all about the journey.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    i eat off a small plate and use a teaspoon on spoon foods as it makes u dip i more and messes with ur head to think ur eating more than ur xxx
    Put your mind too it and u will do it! xxx good luck xxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Still feel like sh1te, but I know why now - its that time of the month!! I've only one fallopian tube so alternate months are either really light or really heavy- its a heavy month this month :-( and SSS used to rub my tummy to make me better and bring me a hot water bottle.Got to clean the house before the rents come round later for DS's teaparty but I can't be !!!!!d!! Just wanna cry, but at least I've got electric, feel really bad for RCB!!
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
  • Still feel like sh1te, but I know why now - its that time of the month!! I've only one fallopian tube so alternate months are either really light or really heavy- its a heavy month this month :-( and SSS used to rub my tummy to make me better and bring me a hot water bottle.Got to clean the house before the rents come round later for DS's teaparty but I can't be !!!!!d!! Just wanna cry, but at least I've got electric, feel really bad for RCB!!

    Awww gerturde - hope things start picking up for you - sounds like you're having a cack time of it at the mo'.

    Last I heard you were giving it another go, so sorry it didn't go to plan - but I truly believe everything happens for a reason, so some good stuff will come your way soon I'm sure.

    HUGS xx
    The Rock Chick, she say 'courtesy costs nowt' - spread the word! :D
  • Splodz
    Splodz Posts: 7,073
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hey gerturdeanna that's horrible, I hope it goes away soon. Do hot drinks help you? They do me. Bet you've already tried that though.
    Life is all about the journey.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.