We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ntl

Options
Been with them for many, many years. Would like to go back to BT but they charge too much for installation.

Ntl line went dead on Friday at 5pm. I had no line so couldn't report the fault. And as i had a dodgy phone cable anyway I assumed it had finally given up the ghost. With no spare phone or cable to replace it with I just waited until Sunday when I would be able to source a replacement phone to try.

In the mean time I did window shop at Tescos for a new phone cable, they didn't actually do one, the closest they had was a telephone extension - no use - or a modem cable - also no use though it looks exactly the same for some reason they dont work.

Same story in Makro, though they did have a phone for sale @ 7.99 +VAT which was a better option than paying 3.99 +VAT for a phone cable which no one sells.

Sunday comes and I test our phone somewhere else...it works fine, for good measure I borrow another phone known to be good.

Come back home line still dead with new phone. We now know the line has to be at fault. So on Monday OH phones Ntl from work. Kept waiting for 20 mins by fault report technical service dept. Eventually report fault and they say someone will be there on Wed.

Today (Tuesday) my mobile ring, someone telling me they can't get me on my land line, "I know" says I "It's getting fixed", yeah but I talked to some other dude who answered your phone.

OK so I get OH to phone our phone number and she does and speaks to other dude, he is with ntl and phone installed yesterday (Monday). OH tells him well this is my number so don't give this number to all your contacts until we get this mess sorted out.

Now OH is going to phone ntl again to tell them what has happened. and request they push a few buttons and get us reconnected with our original number.

Which customer is more important the one who has had the number for 8 years or the one who has had it for one day?

I'm starting to get annoyed thinking about all the excuses and hassle that they might be about to come up with.

Edit: I just heard one of the technicians has plugged the wires into the wrong slots in one of the street junction boxes.....so what did he unplug my wires for? It will be sorted on Friday now.

Comments

• The_Biff
    The_Biff Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a very harrowing experience with NTL. I've used them for years & never had a problem. Then I moved. Of the 8 items on my first new invoice , 7 are false. This is a very serious matter. Is there a corporate theft offence? Will post full details when I calm down.
    And I always used to wonder why they came LAST on all the which? customer satisfaction reports.
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family