Fastest mortgage application lender - Advice/info please

Options
Hi,

I am buying a repossessed property and I need to a lender that is going to be swift on instructing the survey and with thei paperwork as I need to complete in 28days. I have not put my new offer in but I know that they will accept it based on previous offers. I rang a broker today and she said that some lenders don't move that quick.

I also rang Charcoal and they said that it can be done as they do their own surveys,

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Dan_1976
    Options
    Halifax will be fastest if you fit. I would say use a broker also.

Dont use the Woolwich!!
    "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson
    "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" Woody Allen

Debt Apr 2010 £0
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    Dan_1976 wrote: »
    Halifax will be fastest if you fit. I would say use a broker also.

Dont use the Woolwich!!

I'll second that about Woolwich :eek:

C & G were nearly as bad a few months back.

Most of the HBOS lenders ( Halifax, Intelligent Finance, BM Solutions, Bank of Scotland) are pretty quick. Abbey are usually pretty reliable too
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • sarkin
    sarkin Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    Abbeys services levels are always high. Make sure you get a broker to do this job, dont rely on the branch adviser.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed with the above. I always found Abbey and Halifax fastest. Woolwich and C&G dire.
    Also you need to ensure you have a solicitor who's on the ball.
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sarkin wrote: »
    Abbeys services levels are always high. Make sure you get a broker to do this job, dont rely on the branch adviser.

Are you joking?

Do you not remember back earlier in the year when they were takign 4 week to instruct valuations and turned off the phones at the service centres?
  • mrsjanejane
    Options
    What are Newcaste like or Market Harbrough for speed as they have a good fixed rate at the moment.
  • gil13
    gil13 Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MHBS are usually excellant
  • jill2002
    jill2002 Posts: 272 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Sarkin, I have to disagree. Going directly to an Abbey branch has to be quicker than a broker. The application is approved there and then and the valuation request is input immediately, then normally organised within 24 hours, offer issued 24/48 hours after valuation done. So solicitors can certainly get the offer to work on within a week.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Dan_1976
    Options
    Abbey's service is a myth, upi forget about it because they do things others wont!

Halifax are the fastest by a long way.
    "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson
    "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" Woody Allen

Debt Apr 2010 £0
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dan_1976 wrote: »
    Abbey's service is a myth, upi forget about it because they do things others wont!

Halifax are the fastest by a long way*.

*If you get an A or B pass credit score. C or D cases can take weeks to get to offer.

You could argue that Woolwich are fastest.....as if you pass fast track criteria and the system can produce a valid AVM then the offer is processed the same day........

But we all know that Woolwich service is terrible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure