is there a better/cheaper way for friend?

Options
my friend pays 10.50 for a bt line and pays about 15? to ntl for internet and calls. she only tends to make local calls and the odd one at national rate. never calls premium lines or abroad. she works full-time and spends quite a bit of time on internet in evenings and at weekend- she doesn't have broadband and ntl told her it would not be cheaper if she changed to their line. my friend doesn't like 'chat' rooms and asked me to post this for her. she has no real problems with ntl and will only consider changing to a reliable and efficient internet provider. payg not really an option because her internet usage is quite high.
thanks

Comments

• mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    i do not think there is muchyour friend can do withthe bt line rental - as it is needed for any CPS phone service, unless she switches to NTL completely.

if you know roughly how much she uses the internet a month, then perhaps she could join a time limited unmetered connection, for example, zazizam (my broadband provider) offer a range of packages 60hrs, 100hrs, 168hrs, etc etc, for £7, £8.50, £10, etc. they also offer a phone service, which if joined aswell, cuts £2 off these prices every month (so £5,£6.50, £8 etc) - calls to mobiles, and landlines are cheaper than BTs standard rates

it might not be worth her getting broadband IMHO, though zazizam do offer it from £12

hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport