We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

£5000 to spend on a used car....

Options
1235»

Comments

• cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 Twin Spark Lusso

You could get an absolute peach for £5k

or you could get an absolute lemon:confused:
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    You'll get much more BMW 5-series for 5K than any 3-series. Twice the car too in my opinion, 6-cyl silky smoooth engines.

I got a 2001 520i full leather, everything except SAT NAV with 70K for £4750 in April. Bodywork + wheels mint. My 3rd 520i in a row. Cheap motoring, they'd taken their main hit when I bought them.

Over the moon with it.
    Wife has a 3-series....I hate it. Tiny cabin.

520 - slow and thirsty. Get a 528 or 530 - much more fun, smoother, faster and sips the fuel...! The bigger engines ones got bigger spec as standard.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    or you could get an absolute lemon:confused:

Highly likely.;)
  • I very recently discovered a much cheaper option to service my Smart Car & thought i'd let everyone know so they can benefit also! I used to take it to be serviced at the main mercedes/smart dealerships, which were quite expensive, but no more!

There's an independent Smart place that does servicing for a LOT less - i can't remember exactly, but my 'A' service cost about £120 approx at Smarts-r-us in Nottingham :j , and they even honour the 10% discount if you have a Smart Club card (that you can purchase for £10 annually - which pays for itself very easily!) :T

Some of the main dealerships in the country won't give you a discount for having a Smart Club card, and their prices i've paid in the past have been anywhere from £70-100 more expensive for the same service!

So, before your next Smart car service, work out if it's cheaper to drive up to Nottingham to get your car serviced for a LOT less. Proly best to call Smarts-r-us (tel 0115 855 3300) for their exact prices so you can compare.

Apologies if this has already been posted, or is in wrong section - am new to the forum!
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 Twin Spark Lusso

You could get an absolute peach for £5k

I like it, thinking outside the box. Some posters are right, there are a few 'lemons' out there! Could have something safe and dependable, or an alfa ;)
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    I very recently discovered a much cheaper option to service my Smart Car & thought i'd let everyone know so they can benefit also! I used to take it to be serviced at the main mercedes/smart dealerships, which were quite expensive, but no more!

There's an independent Smart place that does servicing for a LOT less - i can't remember exactly, but my 'A' service cost about £120 approx at Smarts-r-us in Nottingham :j , and they even honour the 10% discount if you have a Smart Club card (that you can purchase for £10 annually - which pays for itself very easily!) :T

Some of the main dealerships in the country won't give you a discount for having a Smart Club card, and their prices i've paid in the past have been anywhere from £70-100 more expensive for the same service!

So, before your next Smart car service, work out if it's cheaper to drive up to Nottingham to get your car serviced for a LOT less. Proly best to call Smarts-r-us (tel 0115 855 3300) for their exact prices so you can compare.

Apologies if this has already been posted, or is in wrong section - am new to the forum!

thats 3 times youve told us now. :rolleyes: :spam:
    ...work permit granted!
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thats 3 times youve told us now. :rolleyes: :spam:

I was just about to say the same thing..Would like to give the benefit of the doubt, but dragging up old threads like this is kinda trolly behaviour :D
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    I was just about to say the same thing..Would like to give the benefit of the doubt, but dragging up old threads like this is kinda trolly behaviour :D

yip,and on a thread with nothing to do with servicng smart cars.
    ...work permit granted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family