Legal And General ISA 110.00 Cashback Via Cashback Sites feedback pse

Options
Wondered if people have paid 50.00 a month in till they got the cashback, then cashed it in how much did they get back. :think:

Comments

• thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wondered if people have paid 50.00 a month in till they got the cashback, then cashed it in how much did they get back. :think:
    I've invested £500 twice now and these are now £415 and £455.

In the past they've both been > £500.

Paying in £50/month - as well as being cheaper (if you don't leave the money there) should mean you even out rises / falls...or at least give you more chance.

I've recommended my mum go for the £50/month option this year and she's chosen one of the more "safe" investments.

Anyway - definitely a good offer.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    8 months @ £50 from July '07 to March '08 then cancelled DD (so as not have used ISA allowance for 08/09) waited two more months and £400 invested - which had been as low as '£360' bounced back in May to £434

Sold ISA at the right time (should have sold everything else too..)

Re-applied for offer again this year to invest in exactly the the same units. Will be interesting to compare c.£400 over 10 months with the previous year!
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,104 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    thepearce wrote: »
    I've recommended my mum go for the £50/month option this year and she's chosen one of the more "safe" investments.

Anyway - definitely a good offer.

Which one do u suggest, if i was to cash in after say 3 months premiums after receiving the 110.00 cashback what do u believe the overall profit will be? ( if any)
  • spalding
    spalding Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Can you claim more than once on this cashback offer, have done it once already
  • simpywimpy
    simpywimpy Posts: 2,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how long did it take for you to get the cashback? Im still waiting for mine and I opened the isa in may/june
  • spalding
    spalding Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Had to put a claim on then took a couple of months via quidco
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    spalding wrote: »
    Can you claim more than once on this cashback offer, have done it once already

I tend to use different cashback sites when doing the same promotion so as not to risk being accused of abusing an offer by one cashback site.

If one of these are opened and then closed having had 150/200.00 paid into it are people allowed to open another in the same tax year.?
  • Milarky
    Options
    I tend to use different cashback sites when doing the same promotion so as not to risk being accused of abusing an offer by one cashback site.
    That's what I've done at least - gone through a different hashback site this time
    If one of these are opened and then closed having had 150/200.00 paid into it are people allowed to open another in the same tax year.?
    You mean paying into exactly the same type of plan - with the same ISA provider after a few months gap - but whether HMRC regards that as the 'same' or a (disallowed) 'second' ISA?

Well in my case, L&G had sold all my units this year - but units all acquired last year (I made sure of that) - so I thought I had no account with them at all when reapplying and would be allocated new details. However they have allocated the same 'client number' and when I used the old login in details again - there was the 'new' ISA too.

So as far as HMRC is concerned it may be viewed as a 'continuation' account (because when you apply the first time you are expected to pay into that account indefinitely). The case of starting to pay, disposing of the holding then reapplying (to the same ISA manager, if not the same units) all in the same tax year may actually satisfy HMRC - since it would all be within the annual permitted allowance. I suspect it is OK because the manager had stayed the same and it was not stipulated that account be 'closed' simply by selling the holding to a nil one. (Only when you apply for a ISA with a new 'manager' do you cross the line???)
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »
    That's what I've done at least - gone through a different hashback site this time

quote]

Did you mean: cashback site :confused:
  • Milarky
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »

quote]

Did you mean: cashback site :confused:
    No, it was an ironic reference to Quidco and the difficulties I've have getting things to track with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport