We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MAM UK ( babies feeding bottles)

Options
Having reluctantly accepted that I have to give up breastfeeding my 7 week old son, I recently bought 6 MAM Ultivent anti-colic bottles from Mothercare, to replace the horrid Avent bottles & teats that my son seemed to dislike so much. I'd read a lot of good reviews online about how the MAM bottles were supposed to be more like breastfeeding for the baby & how the special valve in the base helps to prevent colic.

Although my baby took to them straight away & loved the teat on them, the bottles kept leaking from the join at the base. (The base of the bottle detaches for the valve to be removed for cleaning). I couldn't understand why, since sometimes they wouldn't leak at all, sometimes they leaked as soon as I put the water in them, and on two occasions they only leaked when they had been in the fridge for a while & I went to get one, only to discover an empty bottle & a fridge swimming in milk!

Anyway I sent an email to MAM UK via their website explaining the problems & asking for advice as to whether there was something I was maybe not doing correctly. Within 24 hours I had a lovely email back from their Customer Services, stating that they would send me six replacement bottles, plus a pre-paid jiffy bag to return my bottles so that they could send them back to their manufacturer. They even asked me what colour bottles I would like!

I only sent them my reply email giving my address yesterday afternoon..and this morning, the new bottles have arrived! There's also a letter asking me all sorts of questions about how I was assembling the bottles & making up the feeds & storing the bottles, so they're obviously taking the issue seriously.

I'm not really convinced that my bottles were faulty or that the new ones will be better, as I have a feeling it's more to do with getting the 'knack' of doing the bases up correctly...but I was really impressed with their customer service & thought it deserved a mention here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport