We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

SEPTEMBER make £10 a day challenge

1…9798100102103…105

Comments

  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi everyone

    Was donated £10.33 in coins by DS and got a £5 voucher from Oxfam for clothing. Ready to start October's challenge now...
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138



  • evening!

    just got £4 from p!necone.

    if no-one else starts it i'll start Octobers thread over the weekend (btw incase people are thinking who's that random starting the thread i'm Ciara, i changed my username cos of mean people)

    has anyone heard from Mizmir? she's been pretty quiet lately.

    hope everyone has a nice weekend

    I am really going to have to try and get used to Purpleroses - you are Ciara to me! Let's get those mean people!:mad:

    When you start the new thread can I be down for £10 a day for next month? I have a lot on next month and I'm not sure how much time I will have for collecting money, but as always - I shall try!:rolleyes::D
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 11,383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've just done an online shop through mysupermarket (get my ipoints ;) ) and had to spend over £100 to use a £10 voucher. Seeing as I usually spend about £90 online I added £10 of extra goodies, so £102 for £92 + FREE delivery (saving £3.75) I'm addding the £10 (shhh! I know it's cheeky :p )
    and that will bring me to my target this month - just!!
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039 Now: £73,772.29 Mar 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £155 (2025 ~ £240)
    Surveys~ £216.27 (2025 ~ £238.94)
    Make £2026 in 2026 #18 ~ £830.53 ~ (2025 ~ £2,368.64)
  • A book and CD have sold totalling £13 once P&P taken off. Not too bad. Listed another 11 CDs on Play today and reviewed my prices on quite a few that I'd put on too high. Hopefully this will kick start some sales as I haven't done very well this month. Still 2 days to go... I haven't given up yet!
    O/draft 1Abbey:£1000 Student Loan [STRIKE]£10,825[/STRIKE] £9030 Personal Loan: [STRIKE]£4900[/STRIKE]£4809 Apple Finance: £1000
    House Deposit Fund
    :
    [STRIKE]£13,830[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£14, 120[/STRIKE]£14500/£16,000


  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    i just have £3.00 to add from an e nay sale... oh well i think that is it for this month!! unless my quidco money gets paid this month?? (£97 scheduled no date) i might need the quidco money more next month though
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Just squeezing in another £10 amazon voucher which takes me over my target :)
  • andan
    andan Posts: 2,110 Forumite
    Just popping in to give in my totals. i have done a couple more mystery shops and sold some stamps on ebay, so i have made about £24 extra. My new total now stands at £338.50.

    I can't imagine me making much more before the start of the new month, but i'll certainly give it a go!!
    :j Live on £4500, £2531/£4500:T 101 in 1001 (52/101):j:beer::j


  • afternoon gang!

    just a quick note to say i started the October thread, hope no-one minds

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1184639
  • andan
    andan Posts: 2,110 Forumite
    Savingholmes, thats a great bit of bargaining, am really impressed, although don't feel i have the bottle to do it myself, but great news for you.
    :j Live on £4500, £2531/£4500:T 101 in 1001 (52/101):j:beer::j


  • I am really going to have to try and get used to Purpleroses - you are Ciara to me! Let's get those mean people!:mad:

    When you start the new thread can I be down for £10 a day for next month? I have a lot on next month and I'm not sure how much time I will have for collecting money, but as always - I shall try!:rolleyes::D


    thanks luv. ye its weird to me not to be ciara too, basically friends of friends were going on about their debt so i sent them over to this site (of course) and they saw my username which was part of my email address (clever of me i know) and they figured out it was me and started making snide comments. i was meaning to change the username anyway but this made me want to do it even more. i think i'd go loopy and be in even more debt with out this site so i wasn't about to stop coming on here cos of them!

    enough blabbing i'm sure no1 wanted that life story lol. need to get ebaying
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.